Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Kauldron Synthesizer and the Amazing Spawn2 Video Demo

Here is my Kauldron demo with some explanation of Spawn2

Comments

• So Doug, can we spawn arps and midi them out to other synths?

• edited November 2017

Doug's on a roll today! :)

• @brambos said:

+1 It's us Brits - you hum it w'll play it

• @Love3quency said:
    So Doug, can we spawn arps and midi them out to other synths?

Not sure about that

• Great demo, Doug!

• @midiSequencer said:

@brambos said:

+1 It's us Brits - you hum it w'll play it

LMAO _ I had totally forgotten about that ad :D

• Great demo. Would be cool if the ARP Spawn button was available directly on the ARP page so you could instantly tweak what it comes up with.

• Yeesh. The demo is great, and it's a delight to hear the many personalities that come out in the playing depending on the preset, but that synth sounds awful. Wet and thin. Maybe that's just me. But I'm very grateful for this demo, which has saved me $3.99. And that's why I'm a Patron.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Yeesh. The demo is great, and it's a delight to hear the many personalities that come out in the playing depending on the preset, but that synth sounds awful. Wet and thin. Maybe that's just me. But I'm very grateful for this demo, which has saved me $3.99. And that's why I'm a Patron.

I'm feeling the same!! I WANT to like it - mostly cause it's a super sweet deal, and AU too! But I found almost every preset Doug played in his video very off-putting and of no interest at all. I guess to be fair there are still about 850+ presets to choose from and maybe there are some that would tickle my ears better... hoping another video or two pops up over the coming days to convince me otherwise.

• @Halftone said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Yeesh. The demo is great, and it's a delight to hear the many personalities that come out in the playing depending on the preset, but that synth sounds awful. Wet and thin. Maybe that's just me. But I'm very grateful for this demo, which has saved me $3.99. And that's why I'm a Patron.

I'm feeling the same!! I WANT to like it - mostly cause it's a super sweet deal, and AU too! But I found almost every preset Doug played in his video very off-putting and of no interest at all. I guess to be fair there are still about 850+ presets to choose from and maybe there are some that would tickle my ears better... hoping another video or two pops up over the coming days to convince me otherwise.

I’ve got to say I like Kauldron, but am not keen on the presets I’ve tried so far. Pretty much felt the same regarding Kasper, but I’ve found it more fun to program this one.

• @Fruitbat1919

I hear what you were saying on the other thread about this being more fun to program than Kaspar and that the interface is better. I agree - being that I dig vintage synths, this is far more pleasing to the eye than Kaspar. Makes me wish I'd skipped that and held out for Kauldron.

Damn - I really wanted to dig this one too. Yonac - you do SO much right!

Ok, I'm done. From here on out, I'm celebrating Yonac's successes rather than pooping in their shoes.

• @dvlmusic said:
    @Fruitbat1919

I hear what you were saying on the other thread about this being more fun to program than Kaspar and that the interface is better. I agree - being that I dig vintage synths, this is far more pleasing to the eye than Kaspar. Makes me wish I'd skipped that and held out for Kauldron.

Ok, I'm done. From here on out, I'm celebrating Yonac's successes rather than pooping in their shoes.

Yeah Kasper was a waste in some senses for myself, as I probably won’t use it much. Yet, as long as I get some use playing about for a while Kasper could be seen as worth it. I still wouldn’t miss Kasper if it had never happened lol.

I also keep in mind that sometimes I dislike some apps for an age and then one day go back and like them! So who knows?

• edited November 2017

Just purchased it. Its Magellan with an 80s filter sound (think minimoog) as an audiounit. Very responsive and runs well. If that sounds good to you than do it (definitely a niche app geared toward specific sound and not an all around synth but doing the vintage 80s thing very well). If that's not your thing then I'd pass on

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@dvlmusic said:
    @Fruitbat1919

Yeah Kasper was a waste in some senses for myself, as I probably won’t use it much. Yet, as long as I get some use playing about for a while Kasper could be seen as worth it. I still wouldn’t miss Kasper if it had never happened lol.

I also keep in mind that sometimes I dislike some apps for an age and then one day go back and like them! So who knows?

So much toast in the world. I really like Kasper and have used it a fair amount. Happy to have this new cousin because Spawn2.

• can we save arp patterns? i read the manual a few times but didnt see it.

is it possible to lock the arp to freely explore its effects to browse presets? i had a great pattern going want to change things up and it resets everytime. that is frustrating.

digging it a ton, though.

• It’s decent. Didn’t blow me away or anything but no regrets since it’s dirt cheap.
    I auditioned most of the presets, and most are identical to sounds I already had in other synths, but I did find a few unique that I’m sure I’ll end up using.

One tiny OCD nitpick that I have with this and a few other ios synths, is when paging through the preset categories, I wish each category would load beginning at the top of the list rather than scrolled down to where you were in the previous category.