Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

thats it! i'm not buying any new apps

i really need to stop buying new app's until i've mastered the ones i got .. i mean i have 11quid app's on my ipad i've only opened 2 or 3 times! :/ how many app's have you guys mastered and use often? i'm thinking maybe i should delete some app's and focus on making good stuff on 1 or 2 right? re-install later. this is a problem for me haha

Comments

• Actually I am finding that there are less and less new apps that I want to buy these days, a combination of already having apps that do most of the stuff I want, and a lack of innovative new music apps coming to market. I was given a voucher for Christmas and have only spent 69p of that so far! I am thinking it is more likely to get used for IAPs to enhance the apps I already use, than totally new apps. But then again, if something wonderful comes along...

• I made that resolution too.....lasted 2 hours. Bought VOSIS. The thing is if you don't have a try of them you may miss something special that you connect with. Lets face it the average you waste is only a few bucks, certainly less than a poor cup of coffee or a crappy sandwich. I have a purge every few months then go back after another month reload and have another play. It can be surprising what you miss first time around.

• Ah, what to get for the man (or woman) who has everything....that is the question.... :-)

• I don't really buy many apps any more. Occasionally something looks interesting but I have more than I need. I had to stop reading discchord and palm sounds though!

• @thinds said:

I made that resolution too.....lasted 2 hours. Bought VOSIS. The thing is if you don't have a try of them you may miss something special that you connect with. Lets face it the average you waste is only a few bucks, certainly less than a poor cup of coffee or a crappy sandwich. I have a purge every few months then go back after another month reload and have another play. It can be surprising what you miss first time around.

yes your right they are pretty cheap :) i remember i had komplete ultimate 9 in my amazon basket once.. now thats alot of money just for a hobby... glad i deleted it and bought a flight out to south east asia instead!

• Ha .. I kinda feel this way. I have a lot of synths that I haven't really got to know yet. But like @thinds says... I avoid a lot of crappy coffees and sandwiches, and beers - so a few apps are what I get i return I reckon ;)

Buying more apps is great fun, but doesn't get me finishing any songs though (starts quite a few) ;)

• I'm settled with my collection at the moment, will maybe download a few that go free but intend on finishing a selection of tracks I have started and learning how to get the most out of the synths I don't fully understand yet. Who knows though, easier said than done

• I think I don't need any more apps, even if something potentially great and unseen before comes out. I am working on understanding and making sounds with what I have.

Unfortunately I'm finding out that I bought too many things just because they were recommended or I thought I needed them. It's not just the cost, but also the mental overhead for each app...

• I just received a huge refound from apple and now I don't know how to waste this money. :/
    Actually I'm buying stupid games -.-

• Want and need are different things entirely

• Actually, I rather am settling on a few standard apps now - Alchemy is getting the most use probably, followed by TF7 and then DM1 and DrumStudio. Occasionally Sunrizer gets a look in, and possibly Thor and Nave, and I always use Turnado. GlitchBreaks is a regular too actually. Hmm. As I go on, I realise that I try to use most of my apps, but we're numbering 70 plus in the AB bank alone, so I guess the ones I'm not using much are like Magellan, NLog, iMini and ISEM. Great synths but I haven't used them in a while.

Also really enjoying NXT and Caustic. As @thinds said earlier, returning to something can be quite refreshing. I do still feel the pang of regret when I need to free up space though and have to choose which apps to delete...

• I've just started grabbing things to write with, but after the last 4-5 days, I'm done. I have way more than I need to write what I was thinking of, and some of these (Magellan, Echo Pad) are DEEP.

I'm going to ease back for awhile and see what I can accomplish with the ones I have; much thanks to this forum and it's members for such good recommendations though!

• Wait guys...it's a bit of a dry period as far as exciting new apps go...just wait until things get going again...like just after AB 2 comes out ;-p

• edited January 2014

(Thinks about DrumPerfect...)
    (Chuckles quietly...)

• edited March 2014

• My New Years Resolution was to stop lying about not buying more apps.

• I've only stopped buying because I already have the best of everything. If I come across something better to replace something that I have, I'll definitely get it. I'm limited on space and have to be picky however. :-)

• That said, I am testing an update of an app that is going to impress a lot of you and probably get you to buy the IAP. ;-)

• I feel the same way. No more new apps! Only waiting on NanoStudio2 & Audiobus2 & anything Sugarbytes releases this year & maybe Caustic after they add audiobus. lol, aside from that, no more new apps lol. Unless there's a 60% sale or something! then that's a different story, but aside from that, no more new apps!

• Nobody likes quitters!!!!!

• I stocked up on enough new apps that were on sale between thanksgiving and new years to least me months. :)

• I look forward to Caustic gaining audiobus, however, it is such a complete set up audiobus is actually not necessary to make great sounding tracks with it alone. Caustic is almost like having Reason on IOS.

• @Tarekith said:

I stocked up on enough new apps that were on sale between thanksgiving and new years to least me months. :)

I here ya, I did the same and do not regret that at all.

• I find by not owning a tv, not eating fast food, and trying to focus on sales... it's really not so much money. And if I get one or two completed pieces or even good ideas, well it was definitely worth the money for the apps. However it is hard to not let it become an addiction. Music gear in general really. I wish I lived in a community where I could start a music library. Where for a small fee people could share apps, software, instruments and perhaps hang out and collaborate. Where I live now this would not work.....

• @ShawnLeonhardt said:

Music gear in general really. I wish I lived in a community where I could start a music library. Where for a small fee people could share apps, software, instruments and perhaps hang out and collaborate. Where I live now this would not work.....

This can be a very dangerous idea. Take for example: sharing apps in a "community". Imagine if this forum was a community where apps are shared. Imagine sharing Audiobus? Buy it for pennies and get hundreds of users to share it. @Sebastian would go bust and so would hundreds of developers. Also, imagine you've spent all your time and money to create a fantastic album of songs which is out selling with digital music carriers such as iTunes, Amazon etc and then someone buys a single album of yours and shares it with two hundred other people who would have potentially bought your album? This sharing malarkey can be dangerous don't you think?

• What about when Roland release the HYPER X, 16 osc, 20,000 presets, upto 16 presets can be loaded into THE WHEEL, the wheel can then spin at any speed you like seamlessly morphing between your chosen presets. All presets can have upto 4 custom effects applied, effects can also be loaded into THE FIRST INNER WHEEL and span clockwise or anti clockwise at any speed. Any modulation can then be routed into THE THIRD INNER WHEEL. Will run on iPad 2 due to the very low CPU load using their new QUANTUM LOAD PHYSICS ENGINE.
    All of the above is complete rubbish, but be honest how excited did you get, I think I had a tiny orgasm just making it up ;-)

• It's too hard for me to have this F*** store in my pocket.
    I don't realize it when i jumped in the iDevice's world.

But it's so amazing to have a full studio everywhere... I can't stop to buy new stuff, i'm like a child with a credit card printed on my finger...

• Some developers, the ones who have taken our needs seriously and make the effort to communicate on this forum, I'm going to buy anything they put out. There are a number of people out there I simply want to support. Other companies, big ones looking for another channel to monetize, apps that aren't updated or lack options for easily moving audio, I'm going to be taking a pretty hard look before I do. iOS has a long way to go and there will be evolution, hopefully at the same rate we've seen. But yeah, I could play around for a long time with what I've got right now. At least my caving to temptation is costing me a fraction of what it could with the desktop pricing model. Its a lot easier to try new things in mobile.

• @Simon said:

I have cut down on buying too, but I look at it this way: if you spend $3 or $5 and get an afternoon's fun out of trying an app then it is not such a bad deal. How many umwatchable movies have you rented for $3 over the years :-)

Totally agree. It's more the distraction of it all.