Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is There Anything Like SampleTank That Allows User Samples in iOS?

Multi-layer...same as Sample Tank?

I see Beatmaker 3 will have this but is there anything out right now?

I don't do EDM and it seems nearly all drum samplers/players are electronic drums that don't really need multiple velocity samples. I can't get drum sounds that equal EZ Drummer and Addictive Drums. This seems like it would be a great market base to fill but that may be just me. I find all the drum samples over the top, too snappy, too loose, too distorted, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• BM2 for $10, though the "imminent" 3 might make one wait...

• iMPC ( :s ) or SirSampleton?

• BM3 will be your answer and a great one if you dont ask me lol

• I believe BeatHawk has the capability too.

• Drum Perfect Pro allows multiple velocity and other tasty treats for drum samples if you want to roll your own :sunglasses:

• BM2 is hands down the best keyboard sampler on iOS. Unlimited multilayers and zones. BM3 will be another step above.

• @eustressor said:
    Drum Perfect Pro allows multiple velocity and other tasty treats for drum samples if you want to roll your own :sunglasses:

This.

• Lyra sampler in Auria pro but BM2 is very good still and cheap

• @Audiojunkie said:
    I believe BeatHawk has the capability too.

Nope.

• Thanks for the responses. I didn't think BM2 had this because they tout it in the V3 update but I'll check. I'll also check out DPP.

I am looking forward to BM3.

• Drums XD is super easy to assign samples to, it has two zones per piece. A quick way to assemble and test kit samples together. DPP has four levels of samples for each piece and they are velocity and randomly engagible. Really appreciate the suggestions.

• Gotta plug Arturia's iSpark here. From the manual:

Layer mode
    A sound can have up to six sample layers. Use the pull-down menu to select how they will play back:

• Random: the layers will be chosen at random and played back one at a time.
    • Circular: iSpark will cycle through layers 1-6.
    • Stacked: All layers will play at once.
    • Velocity: All active samples will be switched from 1 through 6 as velocity increases.
    • Threshold: Samples will play at full volume but the one that plays will change based on velocity.

• @AmpApps said:
    Thanks for the responses. I didn't think BM2 had this because they tout it in the V3 update but I'll check. I'll also check out DPP.

I am looking forward to BM3.

BM2 supports unlimited multilayers and zones for the keyboard sampler, BM2's MPC style drum machine is limited to a single sample per pad though you can have multiple drum machine instances assigned to the same MIDI channel and accomplish multilayers per pad in this way. BM3 will be a step above.

• Excellent, I was not sure but that was the implication in the manual.

• @telecharge said:
    Gotta plug Arturia's iSpark here. From the manual:

Layer mode
    A sound can have up to six sample layers. Use the pull-down menu to select how they will play back:

• Velocity: All active samples will be switched from 1 through 6 as velocity increases.
    • Threshold: Samples will play at full volume but the one that plays will change based on velocity.

You made me download iSpark now Im trying to find a iSparkLE lol. I truly love the simplicity of this app and the hardcore shit it can do. Ive been making 80s drums and Prince kits lol. Im and 80s baby and this warms my heart. Im going to Have to do a video on it lol. If I could just import and export as advertised.......... Oh MY (Star Trek Voice)

• @Shazamm said:
    You made me download iSpark now Im trying to find a iSparkLE lol. I truly love the simplicity of this app and the hardcore shit it can do. Ive been making 80s drums and Prince kits lol. Im and 80s baby and this warms my heart. Im going to Have to do a video on it lol. If I could just import and export as advertised.......... Oh MY (Star Trek Voice)

I'm glad you're liking it. I agree the import/export options need improvement, but they're still better than a lot of apps. I'm hopeful an update will improve the situation.

• Just downloaded the manual for iSpark...WOW!!!!

• @telecharge said:

@Shazamm said:

I'm glad you're liking it. I agree the import/export options need improvement, but they're still better than a lot of apps. I'm hopeful an update will improve the situation.

its not coming they changed all there formats with there new updates

• RE: DrumPerfect Pro - It's likely the best thing going for what I'm looking to do. It has many features that make for a very good Drums Sampling app and the sequencing is deep as well. The UI is a little stilted and can be a matter of exploration and discovery. The Rock Drums sample kit comes close to what I'm looking for.

I really would like to see an EZdrummer style application for iOS. Something that would accept multiple sample formats would be excellent.

A sequencing UI like EZDrummer would also be the end all for me to bring writing and production to the iOS.

• edited October 2017

UPDATE:

DrumPerfect Pro is not a straight velocity selective sampler but it achieves great sounds and the sequencer is excellent.

BeatMaker 2 is frankly, one of the best apps of its kind even in light of BM3. Versions of it run all the way down to my iPod 4g and it easily handles multilayer drum samples!

Right now I split my time between BM2 and DPP and even DP1.05 as it loads super fast and is easy on system resources. It’s a great sample server as well as sequencer.

BeatMaker 3 is more MPC centric, something I have absolutely no interest in and seems to have needlessly changed common tasks. Also no phone capabilities and higher os and hardware requirements for not much reason.

I would really like to see Cubasis expand their sampler to multilayer.

It appears that ThumbJam has no interest in adding user sample capabilities. That would really boost an already classic app.

Going to re-examine ispark.

Thank you again for your help!

• I would also like to commend Intua for supporting BeatMaker 2 with its latest update. That shows user commitment.

• Ispark question: Is there no way to set velocity threshold? If not, what values are they locked to? Thanks.

• Don't know anything beyond the description, but the sampler in this caught my attention before:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/orsilus/id1161157818?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

Check the section on the QWARTS BEAT drum sampler. There's a picture too, its circular like Patterning.

• @AmpApps said:
    It appears that ThumbJam has no interest in adding user sample capabilities. That would really boost an already classic app.

ThumbJam has had user instrument creation in it since the beginning (multi-sample and multi-velocity), it’s just that the interface to build them is clunky and uninviting. I plan for this to change someday. I’m also going to add user kit creation in DrumJam in its next update.

• @sonosaurus said:

ThumbJam has had user instrument creation in it since the beginning (multi-sample and multi-velocity), it’s just that the interface to build them is clunky and uninviting. I plan for this to change someday. I’m also going to add user kit creation in DrumJam in its next update.

Woohoo! Looking forward to it. Some more multi-velocity samples would be nice for me, though -- not really into making my own.

• iSpark looks very tempting.
    What is the sample length limitation?
    I was wondering if I could use long samples, and not use it as a drum machine?

• edited October 2017

@sonosaurus Awesome! I own both and purchased iaps for drumjam but would use drumjam more if it had user samples and kits. Please I love the graphic interface ie gui don't change it

Both highly recommended

For thumbjam and drumjam please allow text/ links sharing to public and private cloud sources from users to instrument kits. Would pay for this feature as would be way to backup and sync to other devices as well

• Why did nobody mention bs-16i? And Audio Evolution?
    Both support sound fonts (Sf2), and the big disadvantage of BM2 and BM3 is that because their sample banks are compatible with nothing but BM2 and BM3, you cannot simply exchange sounds between your desktop/laptop and iOS, and that's why I rarely use BeatMaker's sampler. You put a lot of work into creating sample banks, but you cannot use them on your production machine? C'mon. That's a real bummer, because BM has imho the most advanced sampler built-in, much better than what you got in Cubasis.
    I can easily convert Older AKAI, Roland, E-Mu sample CDs or later EXS and Gigasampler banks into Sf2 files, but not to BeatMaker.
    If all you need is multilayer drum samples, you might indeed be happy with iSpark :)

• As for iSpark's velocity layers, AFAIK the thresholds are fixed, but the point is that you can "select" them by playing the according vertical position on the drum pad, so it doesn't really matter and I even prefer it over real hardware because you usually cannot precisely control how hard you hit a rubber pad or a key on the keyboard.

• @telecharge said:
    Gotta plug Arturia's iSpark here. From the manual:

Layer mode

This is going to make me redownload it. Not for drums. Want to fill it with note samples!