Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How do we get outside, when we're connected indoors

Take your art and go show it to people...but how ?
How do you make people look, and carry on looking........or listening... or smelling, tasting or feeling....how ? When I am so reserved HOW ?

Comments

• edited February 2017

Make sure you let the paint dry...nothing worse than someone touching your wet painting and claiming they made it look way better
    To have and maintain a CAPTIVE audience try hypnosis first and if that doesn't stick try all out brainwashing. It seems to be a clever corporate tool
    If you're shy cherish and preserve that quality...it's rare actually

• @AndyPlankton said:
    How do you make people look, and carry on looking........or listening... or smelling, tasting or feeling....how ? When I am so reserved HOW ?

You need a special safe room. You'll need to keep them fed too of course.

A tad more seriously, and wearing my pince-nez for a moment, I think you're in need of connections with like-minded souls (but you, know, out there, in the real world....)

• Where a mask. Not a joke!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

A tad more seriously, and wearing my pince-nez for a moment, I think you're in need of connections with like-minded souls (but you, know, out there, in the real world....)

Soon we will all be hanging in the AB VR room. I will be Lara Croft 1997

• @AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Soon we will all be hanging in the AB VR room. I will be Lara Croft 1997

I call Dr. Evil!

• Maybe more to the point: consider performing as someone else. Mask can be physical or metaphysical. Bowie, Bjork, PJ Harvey...gajillions of others to greater and lesser degrees have enjoyed successful careers (critically and commercially) and have never fallen into the romantic idealism trap that what they create must be 'of themselves'.

I have to say that busking for a summer in England gave me seriously thick performance skin. I just had an acoustic guitar and a mediocre voice (and my tips reflected this!) What I didn't have was any money so I had no choice. I still get a little nervous when performing in public (particularly if it's my own material) but it's pretty quick to overcome.

• @AndyPlankton said:

1) I believe it's called "Busking".
    2) You can't. You just do your thing, and they do theirs. Anyway when they don't look the pressure can ease.
    3) a) Decide that your desire to perform is much more important to you than your fear,
    b) Choose to go ahead and do it, and
    c) Each time, every time, keep choosing that.

• @Arpseechord said:
    Make sure you let the paint dry...nothing worse than someone touching your wet painting and claiming they made it look way better
    To have and maintain a CAPTIVE audience try hypnosis first and if that doesn't stick try all out brainwashing. It seems to be a clever corporate tool
    If you're shy cherish and preserve that quality...it's rare actually

Rare, really? I encounter it super often, far more frequently than genuine confidence (as opposed to brash arrogance used as a shyness management strategy)

• @syrupcore said:
    Maybe more to the point: consider performing as someone else. Mask can be physical or metaphysical. Bowie, Bjork, PJ Harvey...gajillions of others to greater and lesser degrees have enjoyed successful careers (critically and commercially) and have never fallen into the romantic idealism trap that what they create must be 'of themselves'.

I have to say that busking for a summer in England gave me seriously thick performance skin. I just had an acoustic guitar and a mediocre voice (and my tips reflected this!) What I didn't have was any money so I had no choice. I still get a little nervous when performing in public (particularly if it's my own material) but it's pretty quick to overcome.

This, similar in regards to when talking on the phone to someone for the first time, going to an interview etc., not exactly a real reflection of ourselves but a projection, you can use the very same thing when performing.

• I rely on the old trick of standing up in front of an audience and imagining I'm naked.