Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

REDSHRIKE by iceGear │ Review and Guide - haQ attaQ 195

REDSHRIKE is the latest creation made by iceGear, one of my most favorite iOS music app developers. Even though this synth app was made for the iPhone, you can still use it on an iPad as I am doing in this video. Initially when I saw it, I thought that the side-scrolling interface would put me off. But I was wrong because it turns out that the GUI is very fluid. What I like the most about REDSHRIKE is how easy it is to get usable awesome sounding presets from just a few minutes of tweaking. Watch the video for a full review!

REDSHRIKE #haqattaq

Comments

• XLNT as usual. A good quick overview. The user interface is indeed smooth. A lot stuffed into a small package. +1 for Argon as well.

• edited December 2016

I bought this one a week ago for $2.99 and really like it. Looks like it's still on-sale too. The built-in arp is nice and you can get some nice sequences going. Didn't realize you could save those sequences as arp presets until watching your video. Also couldn't figure out how to slide the keyboard. Thx!

I think the UI is a nice balance for both iPhone and iPad.

EDIT: You can also change the size of the keyboard in the preference settings to a size that's a better fit for the iPad. The default size is obviously intended for iPhone. The UI layout is pretty efficient and well laid out for both small and larger devices.

• I hear you about the huge effect a bit of knob twiddling can have in this app. I can't remember which knob now -- it was one of the knobs in the Resonator panel - but a turn from 11:00 to 2:00 on one knob turned a dull synth patch I was working on suddenly and without warning into an extremely realistic clarinet.

• @Thank you! I'm glad you liked the episode! There's a lot about the overall sound of REDSHRIKE and a bit about how it behaves that reminds me a lot of Argon synth. Love me both! =D

• @skiphunt I'm glad you found my review informative. And thanks for adding the bit about the keyboard size. I forgot to go through the settings page entirely. =D

• @JonLewis Spot on! At a first glance REDSHRIKE can appear to be somewhat limited. But then you do a few minor tweaks on a know or two (especially the resonator section) and you get unpredictable and positive results. Amazing little beast this one!

• edited December 2016

@jakoB_haQ said:
    @skiphunt I'm glad you found my review informative. And thanks for adding the bit about the keyboard size. I forgot to go through the settings page entirely. =D

The more I play with this one, the more impressed I am. I mean, it even has Abelton link and midi-learn. I was just playing the programmed sequence I set up in the arp, while connected via Bluetooth to my korg nanokey, and using midi-learn to control various knobs via the nanokey, and doing all this on an iPhone 5?

I'm not an ol' iOS app veteran, but this little app seems awfully impressive from a design, feature, sound, an UI standpoint. And only $3?

• tack som alltid @jakoB_haQ

• Great demo! You mentioned Argon as an utmost favorite. Could you compare the two? When would you use one or the other?

• @srer Yes, I would like to do a comparison. But there's so much to say. I'll put this on my todo episodes list. ;)

• @jakoB_haQ said:
    @srer Yes, I would like to do a comparison. But there's so much to say. I'll put this on my todo episodes list. ;)

Look forward too it :) Curious which one would be best for someone new to synthesizers? I like watching how you arrive at a patch. Yet, so far, I'm still scratching my head as to how you know which knobs to twiddle. Could you recommend any videos to help get over the hump in the learning curve?

• @srcer said:

@jakoB_haQ said:
    @srer Yes, I would like to do a comparison. But there's so much to say. I'll put this on my todo episodes list. ;)

Look forward too it :) Curious which one would be best for someone new to synthesizers? I like watching how you arrive at a patch. Yet, so far, I'm still scratching my head as to how you know which knobs to twiddle. Could you recommend any videos to help get over the hump in the learning curve?

Best is to just start twiddling and take note of what you're doing. They've really tightened up their UI over the years, making this a great app for beginners. Now— if they would please go back and update the old apps with some of the new goodies (Link, Midi-learn etc.).

• I like it on the iPhone, but would love to have an iPad version too.

• Top app, great sounds. Tnx for the review Mr haQ :)

• Nice video. Thanks for sharing.

• Would be perfect as an AU. I wonder if the icegear synths are going that way?