Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Very nice design and so far seems stable as an AU

• That;s got the rest of the week sorted out! The price is an absolute steal for this much quality.

• OK, I made an exception to my personal rule to avoid day 1, and got Phonem.
    Played a while with presets and EGs. It's a complex app, as one could have figured, but surely opens a wide range of possibilities. All in all, yep, great quality.
    Interface is very polished. Too early to spot glitches, if any.
    Voices are often beautiful, sometimes with what sounds to me like a bemusing, German flavoured humour.
    Need time to understand well its functioning

• Price? Not near an iPad right now and iPhone won't let me see the price

• @mireko_2 said:
    Price? Not near an iPad right now and iPhone won't let me see the price

$20

• @DeVlaeminck said:

@mireko_2 said:
    Price? Not near an iPad right now and iPhone won't let me see the price

$20

Or £14.99 if your UK

• I’ll wait for the 79p sale.

• @u0421793 said:
    I’ll wait for the 79p sale.

You may have to wait till iOS is obsolete.....

• Think it's time for a 'wolfgangs wavetable wonders' bundle.

• Not enough store-credits at the moments. Will get some gift-cards when I get back to Sweden...

• Taken me half the morning just to get my head round its patch management. Needlessly complicated :(

• @lnikj said:
    Taken me half the morning just to get my head round its patch management. Needlessly complicated :(

It's callled Earning It.

• Is there a hold button for the on-screen keyboard anywhere? I don't see anything like that in the screenshots.

• edited August 2016

@Paulyboy said:
    Is there a hold button for the on-screen keyboard anywhere? I don't see anything like that in the screenshots.

Yes hold is somewhere, I accidentally switched it on, but how?

Edit: the box bottom right for hold

• Great, thanks for that. Just what I was looking for, before inevitably parting with a few more beans.

• @knewspeak said:

@Paulyboy said:
    Is there a hold button for the on-screen keyboard anywhere? I don't see anything like that in the screenshots.

Big large button bottom right. Pain in the ass it is lol

• @lnikj said:
    Taken me half the morning just to get my head round its patch management. Needlessly complicated :(

Uh-oh.

• @knewspeak said:

@Paulyboy said:

Edit: the box bottom right for hold

Great! Thanks!

• The A/B button is a godsend. Would like to see this go to all the PPG apps :)

• Had it crash when I was messing around with a few parameters, length, zoomed it all down to near nothing, it froze for a few seconds, I attempted reverse the zoom, then it crashed out.

• edited August 2016

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    The A/B button is a godsend. Would like to see this go to all the PPG apps :)

>

Ehhhhm, wassat do?

Currently stumbling around with this app. Sounds great, but hardly the most intuitive thing. Still trying to work out exactly what I need to do to make it say what I want. So often, the phrase I type in it's not recognised, and going to the suggested mode is not getting results.

You'd think with something at this price point and complexity, it would understand how to say fuck. ;)

• @Nkersov said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

>

Ehhhhm, wassat do?

Currently stumbling around with this app. Sounds great, but hardly the most intuitive thing. Still trying to work out exactly what I need to do to make it say what I want. So often, the phrase I type in it's not recognised, and going to the suggested mode is not getting results.

You'd think with something at this price point and complexity, it would understand how to say fuck. ;)

Only Rated 4+

• @Nkersov said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

>

Ehhhhm, wassat do?

Haha yeah it's always the first word to try. The A/B switches between the saved sound and the altered sound. Indispensable when programming lots.

• @Nkersov said:

Bwaaahahahaha! Excellent observation.

• @Tritonman said:

@Nkersov said:

Bwaaahahahaha! Excellent observation.

It can, enter in Phonem, f/ah/k/ /

• I'm bored already. When is the next synth coming out?

...just kidding! I've been waiting for this day for a long time.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Haha yeah it's always the first word to try. The A/B switches between the saved sound and the altered sound. Indispensable when programming lots.

>

Okay, thanks for that, Mr Fruitbat.

• @knewspeak said:
    It can, enter in Phonem, f/ah/k/ /

>

Hmm. Entered that in the Phoenem box, pressed a key, and still getting the original voice. Altering it to male makes no difference. I am, therefore, still doing something wrong. :'(