Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget... For iPhone?

Hello everyone!

Today in the Swedish AppStore I suddenly saw that Korg Gadget has been renamed to "Korg Gadget For iPad"...

Why do Korg Inc all of a sudden rename Gadget like that?

Hmmm...

Merry Christmas all musiclovers!

Comments

• I'm in the US and I just noticed that too. But I can't see how they would make an iPhone version since it's rather difficult to read the text on many of the gadgets on an iPad Mini.

• Your're thinking about iPhone but that could means a different version for iPad Pro.

• @fjcblanco said:
    Your're thinking about iPhone but that could means a different version for iPad Pro.

Yeah! That's more realistic...

• Seems pointless to make an iPad Pro version when most people are using other iPad models.

• edited December 2015

Yep, but I think Apple want to sell iPad Pro to iPad owners.

For example, as far I know, Apple Pencil only works on iPad Pro. So, if you're a digital painter and you already have one Ipad, you'll probably buy one iPad Pro.

• edited December 2015

Caustic been working great on phones for a long time (well as great as can be on a small screen anyway), so I'd love to see Korg do a mini Gadget for the iPhone

• (Ok I admit, I just want a new toy, but still would be awesome..)

• Wouldn't mind seeing an OSX version as well.

• @1nsomniak said:
    Wouldn't mind seeing an OSX version as well.

Think a lot of us would but I also think I'd like them to continue to focus on delivering on a single OS really well.

• I believe iDS-10 is Korg Gadget for iPhone. And I'm OK with that.

• They've been going mini lately, with the iElectribe and iDS-10 both for iPhone. Plus there's a large market with all the iPhones out there. I've seen crazier things happen.

• I thought developers weren't allowed to make iPad Pro specific apps? They have to be able to work on regular iPads too I heard.

• @Tarekith said:
    I thought developers weren't allowed to make iPad Pro specific apps? They have to be able to work on regular iPads too I heard.

Probably you're right, but if you makes a particular hardware wichs allows you get some particular advantages in some apps that make the difference with the "normal" ipads, you'll buy that hardware at some point.

You can see that with a lot of features that iOS9 brings to the users, and "force" them to update their devices. So it could be a kind of sibylline movement you can expect form Apple. :(

Honestly, hope I'm wrong.

• Gadget for iPhone doesn't seem all that improbable to me. I think it would be a good move!

• Day 1 purchase for me

• Gadget for iPhone sounds great in theory but then I think about all the knobs, faders, pads, little screens, presets and the keyboard of 1 synth put into a single iPhone screen or distributed across three screens and that doesn't sound great.

• I'm already having trouble with all the fiddly knobs especially when adjusting sample length on the iPad. I can only imagine the horror of doing that on the iPhone.

I don't understand why all these great apps don't have a modal view with a big sample on the screen to edit the start / end points.

• I would encourage it and welcome it with open arms!! I would buy it on day one!!

• Me too.

On the other hand, we're talking about iPhone, and I guess the next one will be bigger.

• @fjcblanco said:

@Tarekith said:
    I thought developers weren't allowed to make iPad Pro specific apps? They have to be able to work on regular iPads too I heard.

Probably you're right, but if you makes a particular hardware wichs allows you get some particular advantages in some apps that make the difference with the "normal" ipads, you'll buy that hardware at some point.

You can see that with a lot of features that iOS9 brings to the users, and "force" them to update their devices. So it could be a kind of sibylline movement you can expect form Apple. :(

Honestly, hope I'm wrong.

There's a big difference between a free iOS update and the purchase of an $800+ device. If I were a developer, I wouldn't count on people spending that kind of money on a device just to gain the benefits of a few added bells and whistles. An iPad Pro version would have to add a lot of significant features in order for anyone to consider it. Then of course, there will be a majority of people who wouldn't upgrade to the iPad Pro just for the enhancements of a single app.

• edited December 2015

Yes, at any moment I wasn't saying you're not right, and I'll be happy if things happen as you're talking about.

• this is probably a good example of how it may look....

KORG Module for iPhone by KORG INC.
    https://appsto.re/gb/Lxb89.i

• edited December 2015

@ChrisG said:
    Caustic been working great on phones for a long time (well as great as can be on a small screen anyway), so I'd love to see Korg do a mini Gadget for the iPhone

Agreed, the way ya'll go on about it!

• @DaveMagoo said:
    this is probably a good example of how it may look....

KORG Module for iPhone by KORG INC.
    https://appsto.re/gb/Lxb89.i

Forgot about Module, another mini version of an iPad app.

Seems like they could squeeze in a slightly modified interface for iPhone.

I think the Gadget for iPad name change is a giveaway though, with it being not if but when?

• I can easily see them making a dumbed down Gadget a la Auxy for more Link play. Not to mention all those iPhone sales $$.

• Maybe it's gadget for Windows surface.

• Yes it would work for iphone, same way as nanostudio and BM2 and Caustic does

Easier to code an iphone version than a universal version..

Also, good business sense as theres a lot of iphone users who dont have ipads id imagine

Would make a lot of people happy..

• @touchconspiracy said:
    Yes it would work for iphone, same way as nanostudio and BM2 and Caustic does

Easier to code an iphone version than a universal version..

Also, good business sense as theres a lot of iphone users who dont have ipads id imagine

Would make a lot of people happy..

This !

Please korg, make an iPhone version with good midi and all the piano roll goodness (weird time divisions),even with just London and Wolfsburg, I would pee in my pants :blush:

• I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that GarageBand does a pretty good job of slimming down an iPad app for the iPhone.

• Cause garageband is not what comes to mind for serious mobile electronic music

But it is a great entry level app and certainly useful as a basic daw to record in for some

@johnfromberkeley said:

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that GarageBand does a pretty good job of slimming down an iPad app for the iPhone.