Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mimix Update with AB Remote in the works.

13»

Comments

• edited August 2015

@CalCutta said:
    edit: That actually leads me to one final request for DMIMixer (and I'm guessing it would be pretty helpful for MiMix, as well): The ability to link volume controls, so if you move one fader/knob, it moves them all. I'd probably want this to be independent of panning controls (I wouldn't want Pan linked, that's something I like messing with independently on the channel).

It is somewhat possible given You had MIDI and use the same CC for both knobs. Anyway, i'll think of adding that as well.

• Thanks! I'd prefer that to doubling up a CC in case I'd want to make small tweaks to a single channel. Having the volume linked would be good for things like live fades.

• Master volume is linked to cc 7 which is not the same as linking all faders but you can leave the channels set wherever and control/fade the whole mix with the master fader

• I'm more thinking in terms of it being a makeshift Bus-fade setup. Where you could choose which faders are linked, and go from there.

• really nice updates guys!

• MiMiX 2.0 Release Candidate is in the beta test phase now, so if all is right, i will send it to approval in a few days. Meanwhile You can check the brand new MiMiX User Manual here:

http://ttrgames.hu/mimix/mimix_manual.pdf

• edited August 2015

@TTrGames said:
    MiMiX 2.0 Release Candidate is in the beta test phase now, so if all is right, i will send it to approval in a few days. Meanwhile You can check the brand new MiMiX User Manual here:

http://ttrgames.hu/mimix/mimix_manual.pdf

On p16 it states:

Here MiMiX will not allow audio to go out on the first stereo pair, since the app in the output slot, which has MiMiX in the input slot will also monitor the sound on stereo pair 1 and this would cause duplicate signal on that physical channel.

Any chance of adding an option to allow audio to also go out the first stereo pair on a per channel basis? So it would be a sort of direct monitoring straight from MiMiX? I don't want to derail this thread but I can provide you with an example where this would be very beneficial, if desired.

• edited August 2015

@Ringleader said:
    Any chance of adding an option to allow audio to also go out the first stereo pair on a per channel basis? So it would be a sort of direct monitoring straight from MiMiX? I don't want to derail this thread but I can provide you with an example where this would be very beneficial, if desired.

Of course, i can add an option like this (in a later release of course, i have to stop adding features to 2.0 to be able to release it) if it proves to be useful. Any suggestions on features are welcome. Please provide an example.

• @TTrGames said:
    Of course, i can add an option like this (in a later release of course, i have to stop adding features to 2.0 to be able to release it) if it proves to be useful. Please provide an example.

Wow! This would (potentially) solve my biggest issue on iOS - using a direct monitored mic/guitar (from my audio interface) simultaneously with VIs into Loopy!

In the following routing, the mic input is being direct monitored from the audio interface for lowest latency. In order to not hear a doubled/phased sound of the mic signal, monitoring in Loopy has to be set to off (so you only ever hear the recorded track playback from Loopy). The issue is that if I want to be able to also use Sampletank in Loopy, Sampletank is completely silent (until after it has been looped) which makes it impossible to perform with live.

If there was an option to monitor Sampletank directly from MiMiX (enabling output 1/2), AND also send it to Loopy (enabling Audiobus output) this should solve it!

• @Ringleader said:
    If there was an option to monitor Sampletank directly from MiMiX (enabling output 1/2), AND also send it to Loopy (enabling Audiobus output) this should solve it!

OK, i put it on the list for the next update.

• @TTrGames said:

You sir, are the man! Can't tell you how happy and thankful I am to hear that!!!

• Awesome!
    Will definitely become an essential rec tool!

, > @TTrGames said:

• @TTrGames, similar I think to what @Ringleader is looking for, it would be great if MiMiX could expose its individual ports as separate Inputs to Audiobus, similar to how Loopy exposes its individual loop tracks.

What I want to achieve is to have two inputs going into Loopy, guitar and vocals, but I want to be able to control which input Loopy is listening to. I want to be able to solo just the port I want to loop, so I can be playing guitar and singing, and just loop my vocals without the guitar, or vice versa. This feature would accomplish that.

Looking forward to MiMiX 2.0!!

• @gburks said:
    TTrGames, similar I think to what Ringleader is looking for, it would be great if MiMiX could expose its individual ports as separate Inputs to Audiobus, similar to how Loopy exposes its individual loop tracks.

Been thinking about this lately. Not exactly exposing all ports individually, but to add a second AB output so one can send a set of ports to the first and another set to the second. Still i have to research on this, how it would affect the CPU consumption....

• Thanks. The way Loopy does it is nice.

• Hi TTrGames

I love MiMix - is there any way to set up an effect send?

I would love to use it as a virtual mixer for both external (incoming sound) and internal sound on different channels, and be able to send some of each to an effect, for example, a delay.

This may be possible at teh moment, but I haven't figured it out.

If not, is that something you could include?

• PS - I realize other "mixing/DAW" apps can do this, but my application is for live use

• your SIMPLE interface, with BIG FONTS, would be ideal for this!
  • @roygbiv said:
    is there any way to set up an effect send?

Unfortunately currently not. Was thinking of this also, it's on my "could be" list. There are a lot of ideas like this i have to sort out to be usable and without over-complicating it all.

• No problem, I appreciate your dilemma and desire to not make it too complicated - the simplicity and immediate hands on gratification of MiMix are part of its charm.

I am just trying to find a simple interface that I could use for some live reggae dubbing, and MiMix is sooo close to being the ultimate solution - especially with its excellent MIDI control.

• edited August 2015

@TTrGames said:

There are a lot of ideas like this i have to sort out to be usable and without over-complicating it all.

Aux send is very attractive and needs much less cpu then 1000 apps as insert fx.

2 aux for reverb and delay on 8 ports ...
    and if there is no other fx in the line you will see the the icon of the input...drum roll
    bal/pan is also very attractive here, so you can have the reverb a little left and the delay a little on the right ...but I guess that's already to much buts its so cool on analog mixers u need to waste another input channel for that ...

• I only discovered MiMix a few weeks back, but it's become an essential tool already.

• Awesome ideas, I really hope they come to life. Mimix I perfect for live use on stage.

@lala said:

• Hm, it looks like much more people use audiobus for live use then I had expected. :)

• edited August 2015

Stream to airport / Apple TV would be nice too.
    2nd pair of outputs are also nice, you can mess with two 2 audiobuses (lol) or you could do pfl mix to my headphones only - kind of the dj listening set up :) so you could prelisten to whatever you are doing before it goes out of the p.a.