Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How do you use the iPad mic to record audio into Cubasis?

Comments

• You just create an "Audio" track and arm it for record. You may need to allow Microphone Access in the Cubasis iOS Settings.

• You may also need to unplug any audio device if using one.
    Including headphones with attached mic.

• @CracklePot said:
    You may also need to unplug any audio device if using one.
    Including headphones with attached mic.

Wouldn't it be "impossible" to record without headphones though? Apart from lack of monitoring I assume there'd be a nasty feedback loop?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thx @uncledave and @CracklePot. I got it now.

Hey @LinearLineman did you manage to get this working ok? I'm wanting to do the same on iPhone.

• @cambler. It was a while back. I think it worked.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @cambler. It was a while back. I think it worked.

Thanks for the reply. I can’t seem to get it to work in either Cubasis or Logic. It seems when you plug in headphones it disables the inbuilt mic. I assume this is an iOS/iPadOS thing rather that the DAWs?

• @Cambler said:

@LinearLineman said:

Thanks for the reply. I can’t seem to get it to work in either Cubasis or Logic. It seems when you plug in headphones it disables the inbuilt mic. I assume this is an iOS/iPadOS thing rather that the DAWs?

If they are Eurex headphones, you can get a cheap adapter so that the iPad only sees the headphones and not headphones+mic

• @espiegel123 said:

@Cambler said:

@LinearLineman said:

If they are Eurex headphones, you can get a cheap adapter so that the iPad only sees the headphones and not headphones+mic

Thanks @espiegel123. Sorry I should have said that I have an iPad Pro with usb-c so am having to use an adapter. I’m wondering if the adapter just automatically triggers “external mic” to the iPad.

• @Cambler said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Cambler said:

@LinearLineman said:

Thanks @espiegel123. Sorry I should have said that I have an iPad Pro with usb-c so am having to use an adapter. I’m wondering if the adapter just automatically triggers “external mic” to the iPad.

Ah! If you are connecting plain old headphones, it means that adapter is telling the os that it also is an audio input.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Cambler said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Cambler said:

@LinearLineman said:

Ah! If you are connecting plain old headphones, it means that adapter is telling the os that it also is an audio input.

Bummer. It must be impossible on an iPhone then I guess.

• @Cambler said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Cambler said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Cambler said:

@LinearLineman said:

There are probably adapters that don’t have that problem.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Cambler said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Cambler said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Cambler said:

@LinearLineman said:

There are probably adapters that don’t have that problem.

Thanks my friend. Will continue to do more research.