Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Another Dials exercise: The Thing We Found

edited February 2023 in Creations

“The object was some fifty feet in length, of roughly cylindrical shape, and about ten feet in diameter. It was unmistakably a gilled fish in its major affiliations; but with certain curious modifications…” - Lovecraft & Greene, The Horror At Martin’s Beach

Lovecraft collaborated promiscuously with lesser writers, for ridiculously small amounts of cash or just for fun, and usually ended up writing most of the resulting piece. ‘The Horror…’ is a good one, with one of his better female correspondents, Sonia Greene, (he might have been a racist - well, okay, he was a racist, at least in his younger years - but no one could call him a misogynist). It’s a chilling, short tale of aquatic hypnosis (!) and revenge. You can read it here:

https://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/hmb.aspx

The piece is an excerpt from an hour long set I am compiling for an ambient podcast I’ve been invited to contribute to. I tested it on myself last night, had it as a loop on low volume throughout the night as a sleep tape. Seemed to work :) Insert your own gags about music so boring it sends you to sleep here…

Dials on vintage-isation and some in-app lfo clocked filter sweep action here, working off one ID700 Preset, from the excellent DMT Cymatics pack, as ably demonstrated by our very own @Gavinski :

https://dreammusictemple.gumroad.com/l/ID700?layout=profile

and two duped and messed with File Player copies. Fractal Beats on finger bells and doom drum rumbles, via Rozeta Particles and Zero Reverb. Sequencing from good old Quantum. How I would love it if this supreme example of an old school analog style sequencer got an AUV3 makeover. It works fine as IAA, but like all IAA stuff now it’s another level of faff I find myself avoiding. Which is a pity.

Anyhoo - enjoy. Instrumental only this time, no voices!

Comments

• Great to see this session of yours coming together, I’m sure it’ll be epic!

• Cinematic, epic, gorgeous!!!
    8:29 of fabulous trip!!!
    I love the vibe I am getting, keeps me on my toes, the whole time.
    You are so appreciated, @Svetlovska !!!
    With love and respect,
    Rene

• Wow... awesome journey.
    Anxious to listen to this podcast with loads of you in it. :open_mouth:

• Bit of needlepoint in there?

• edited February 2023

Hi all, and thanks so much for the listens and comments. I am validated anew! :) @Krupa : it’ll certainly be… something. An hour… @ReneAsologuitar : thank you! :) @senhorlampada I’ll post a link to the podcast when it’s done. It’s only a small fan type thing, but I have resolved to respond ‘Yes’’ to any invitation to put my stuff out there by genuine third parties, as a counter to my usual hermit tendencies…

@Gavinski : at first I thought you were working on a metaphor for detailed fiddling about, then I realised you meant the fluff and static app :) No, I’m using a beta of Lo-Fi AF from the same dev - https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/lo-fi-af/id6444068732 .

Still getting to grips with it. I will be buying one or the other for sure. Not really clear which is better. Lo Fi AF, the only one I have experience of, seems very flexible… It’s a whole art using these discretely enough to add character, but not too much to be distracting. Still working on it…

• @Svetlovska said:
    Hi all, and thanks so much for the listens and comments. I am validated anew! :) @senhorlampada I’ll post a link to the podcast when it’s done. It’s only a small fan type thing, but I have resolved to respond ‘Yes’’ to any invitation to put my stuff out there by genuine third parties, as a counter to my usual hermit tendencies…

@Gavinski : at first I thought you were working on a metaphor for detailed fiddling about, then I realised you meant the fluff and static app :) No, I’m using a beta of Lo-Fi AF from the same dev - https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/lo-fi-af/id6444068732 .

Still getting to grips with it. I will be buying one or the other for sure. Not really clear which is better. Lo Fi AF, the only one I have experience of, seems very flexible… It’s a whole art using these discretely enough to add character, but not too much to be distracting. Still working on it…

Needlepoint is way more sophisticated in its vinyl crackle possibilities than Lofi AF, pretty sure u would dig it!

• Good luck with the podcast although if this is anything to go by you won’t need it 👍
    Also thanks for the link to the story… excellent read 🎣

• edited March 2023

@GeoTony : Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the story. And so my plan to extend the Cult of Lovecraft continues apace… ;)