Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sick with Covid

I’ve been sick with Covid since last Sunday and haven’t been feeling well so I haven’t been listening to the creations here or doing much interacting here lately. Everything makes my head hurt and I get tired out just walking around the house.
I’m grateful it’s not anything worse. I had the original vaccination but haven’t had any of the boosters. I’m pretty sure the worst of it is behind me. Looking forward to hearing everything you all have created when I’m feeling a bit better.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Mac

Comments

• @MadeofWax : sorry to hear it. I hope you will have a swift and full recovery.

• edited September 2022

I’m sick of covid (already had it)

• Take care of yourself and get well soon.

• Hope your feeling better soon <3 but it seems to be on the increase again.

• edited September 2022

Ooof, I had Covid before I was eligible for vaccination in the States back in February 2021, and it fucking sucked! I wasn't hospitalised thank the Santa-Christ, but it laid me up for a good five to six days, I couldn't really produce music without getting a headache (well, couldn't do much of anything except play Animal Crossing (as it was the only game/activity that didn't cause me a headache)), and once my smell and taste returned a month after contracting it, everything tasted shite/off for many months following.

And though I was initially on the fence about being vaccinated prior to having Covid, once I was eligible for my first shot, I quickly got off the fence and sped 10 above the speed limit to my nearest pharmacy to get the poke. 🤣 Never...again! Never do I want to suffer Covid at such a degree ever again.

@MadeofWax , you're in my prayers mate. Get well soon.

• Thanks @espiegel123 , @JeffChasteen , @knewspeak , @jwmmakerofmusic . And @gsm909 , I too am sick of it.
    Appreciate the well wishes and prayers.
    Hopefully I'm nearly done with it.

• I had Covid in the middle of 2021 (probably Delta) and in the middle of 2022 (probably Omikron).

Not much effects each time...
    First time one night of fever and several days like with a simple cold.
    Second time 4 to 5 five days with a sore throat that hurt some days, nothing else.

I am not vaccinated.

• It’s good of you to remind us of the reality of Covid that can bite. Winter is coming and I see cases are going up already. I have a concern that some people will be less inclined now to keep their homes ventilated with the rising cost of fuel in many countries.
    I’m glad things are easing up a bit for you, hopefully to continue.

• @robosardine said:
    It’s good of you to remind us of the reality of Covid that can bite. Winter is coming and I see cases are going up already. I have a concern that some people will be less inclined now to keep their homes ventilated with the rising cost of fuel in many countries.
    I’m glad things are easing up a bit for you, hopefully to continue.

And there are new variants starting to spread that have enough immune escape that one should continue to take care so as not to be become infected or re-infected. Vaccination (which at this stage means being maximally boosted) cuts down enormously on the risk of serious disease/death -- but it does not prevent transmission. Wearing a well-fitting high-quality "hi-fi" mask when indoors in places that other people have been, reduces your chances of being infected enormously. N95, KF94, real KN-95 (beware of counterfeits) and the European equivalents (FFP2) are vastly superior to surgical masks.

Some math many do not know is that a mask that has 95% effective filtration (a very well-fitting N95 or other hi-fi mask) is filtering out 8 times as many particles (is 8 times as effectve as) a mask with 60% effective filtration (ballpark of a standard surgical mask without a mask fitter). The math is this: you compare the percentage of what gets through. 95% filtration means 5% gets through. 60% means 40% gets through.

Most people think that 60% is two-thirds as effective as 95% -- when it is 1/8th as effective. They aren't guarantees but they improve your chances dramatically.

• Hopefully it’s a quick recovery and doesn’t linger. I got it really early in 2020 and felt awful. Thankfully I haven’t picked it up any subsequent times since then.

• I think I will stay shot free.

I’m seeing alot of stuff lately that makes me happy I decided to not take it.

I had Covid…it made me tired, I lost my appetite, was feeling rough for about a week and a half…the ‘flu A’ was way worse for me this year.

Hope you have a speedy and full recovery!

• Feel better @MadeofWax. I've avoided it thus far. Was possibly headed to NY this weekend but good thing I didn't. My host came down with it. It sure ain't over.

• Hope you get better soon, man. Here's hoping your names changes to MadeofSteel once you recover. Rooting for you 🙏

• Get well soon !! ❤️

• I got it from a family member who was travelling abroad
    I’m one of the really at risk group
    It was like a bad flu for a couple weeks
    Had to stop my cancer treatments for a month
    Now I’m back at it
    I’ve been a lot sicker
    I ain’t getting any dang boosters even tho they harass me like crazy lol

Haven’t posted for a while

You will be good TS just get lots of rest and fluids
    Covid is over master Biden said so haha.

Bless up

• I hope you feel better soon.

• Get well soon. Glad you are not in hospital. Just rest and soon you'll be ok again.

• get well soon, it sucks but hopefully everyday from now on will be a little better than the last! :)

• Sorry to hear that. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    I got it from a family member who was travelling abroad
    I’m one of the really at risk group
    It was like a bad flu for a couple weeks
    Had to stop my cancer treatments for a month
    Now I’m back at it
    I’ve been a lot sicker
    I ain’t getting any dang boosters even tho they harass me like crazy lol

Haven’t posted for a while

You will be good TS just get lots of rest and fluids
    Covid is over master Biden said so haha.

Bless up

Oh, man, feel better. What a scary position to be in. I'm super-curious about your decision to avoid boosters. It must be really unsettling for someone already taking cancer drugs. Who's harassing you to take the boosters? Your docs? I haven't heard anything frightening about boosters in particular, although I definitely was growing weary of getting yet another shot. (I did get the most recent Omicron-specific variety; I know so many people in New York City who have Covid right now. Hopefully it's ever-less virulent.)

And good luck, Mac! Drink fluids, take it easy and definitely milk for loved ones for all the room service you can.

• Thank you
    @tja
    @robosardine
    @michael_m
    @MrSmilez
    @LinearLineman
    @seannthaproducer
    @ruggedsmooth
    @cyberheater
    @sevenape
    @Simon
    @Alexy
    @ExAsperis99
    I'm getting better every day. Back at work although I feel like I could take a month off and still be tired. I'm probably going to be doing a lot of resting so I may not be around much but I appreciate all of you.

• I had it about a year ago. Mild case. Lost my sense of taste for a day. Hope you're feeling better now!

• @Paulieworld said:
    I had it about a year ago. Mild case. Lost my sense of taste for a day. Hope you're feeling better now!

Hey Paul,
    Feeling better, although the busy season at work couldn't have come at a worse time. Trying to get my legs back under me working 50 to 60 hours a week. Ugh. Might be psychosomatic, but I feel that Covid lethargy. For now it's work, come home, walk the dog, eat, go to bed.
    I hope to catch up on some of the creations I've missed this weekend.
    Take care

• @MadeofWax said:

@Paulieworld said:
    I had it about a year ago. Mild case. Lost my sense of taste for a day. Hope you're feeling better now!

Hey Paul,
    Feeling better, although the busy season at work couldn't have come at a worse time. Trying to get my legs back under me working 50 to 60 hours a week. Ugh. Might be psychosomatic, but I feel that Covid lethargy. For now it's work, come home, walk the dog, eat, go to bed.
    I hope to catch up on some of the creations I've missed this weekend.
    Take care

That does sound a little like ‘long covid’ going forward it’s implications could be more overwhelming than the initial symptoms of covid itself.

• How are you feeling @MadeofWax ?

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    How are you feeling @MadeofWax ?

Better. Just tired. Got back to work from being sick with it just in time for busy season so the hours are plenty and rest is a luxury. Still I'm grateful not to be winded walking the dog twice a day so, much improved. Just looking forward to when things slow down a bit so I can catch up and create a little more.

• @MadeofWax said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    How are you feeling @MadeofWax ?

Better. Just tired. Got back to work from being sick with it just in time for busy season so the hours are plenty and rest is a luxury. Still I'm grateful not to be winded walking the dog twice a day so, much improved. Just looking forward to when things slow down a bit so I can catch up and create a little more.

Sounds good man. I'm just glad you're feeling better despite it being the busy season. One of my friends on Facebook just had Covid, and he gets winded so easily now. 😬

I just got over a nasty cold myself. It wasn't Covid (I got myself tested twice to be sure), but it was nasty, lol. It was the kick in the butt I needed though to start masking up again in public, even though there aren't any mask mandates currently in my city.

• @MadeofWax here's hoping there is no "long covid" for you

• @audiblevideo said:
    @MadeofWax here's hoping there is no "long covid" for you

I agree, this seems to be the greater problem with the virus at the moment. Best wishes and a return to full health.

• @jwmmakerofmusic. I think you’re in Wisconsin, right? What city?