Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GarageBand and other drum machine with audiobus

I want some suggestions I have an iPad 8 gen with 128 gb how can I use Audiobus with my singing or guitar live with GarageBand drummer,drumjam, indian drummer sync all stimulationaly is there any helpful data base which can help regarding this . If I use audiobus the tempo of GarageBand or other apps jingling with all theses app nat match may be I m not professional but may be with helpful tips regarding this plz help asap πŸ™β€οΈπŸŽ΅πŸŽΌπŸŽΆπŸ™

Comments

• wimwim
    edited February 2022

Let's start with Audiobus and GarageBand since it's the least cooperative.

GarageBand can be started and stopped from Audiobus, but you can't control the tempo from Audiobus. So, your tempo will have to be set in GarageBand whenever you're using it.

1. Add GarageBand into an output position in Audiobus.
    2. In Advanced settings in GarageBand turn on Send MIDI Clock.
    3. In Audiobus > Sync Settings turn on Audiobus App Start/Stop, and under MIDI Clock Sync make sure Virtual MIDI is selected under MIDI Clock Sources.
    4. While you're at it, you might as well enable Ableton Link > Ableton Link and Sync Start/Stop as you'll need these for other apps.

After that, you should be able to start and stop GarageBand in sync with Audiobus and it should follow GarageBand's tempo. Once you've got that working we can take on the other apps you want to use.

Please provide details about how you will get your guitar or voice into the iPad. Do you have an audio interface that you can plug the guitar and microphone into? If so do you know how to hook it up to the iPad and use it in Audiobus already?