Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bug musings

This is not a thread to get people all hot around the collar, just some thoughts.

I was reading reviews on many apps and found a common theme on the negative reviews. I found that many, judging by what they had written seemed beside themselves, bordering on anger. Many due to the app in question having a few bugs. Almost along the lines of how dare the Dev sell this bug ridden crap to me!

Yeah I can understand disappointment and a low score to reflect, but not outrage. These after all are mostly apps under £10! I used to have many hardware synths, samplers and digital effects units with more bugs than an ant farm. Many of the keyboards were never fixed and are still sought after by synth heads.

Yeah I know we all like a good moan on the Internet from time to time, but hey....we are so spoiled with what we have today on our iDevices. So raise a glass to the Devs that do try to keep their apps running smoothly and to those that don't.......Go fetch that rope partner...yee haw! Lol

Comments

• The serious iOS music user will know that app bugs are par-for-the-course and that a good dev will listen and rectify the situation (hopefully!) with a timely bug fix update. The casual everyman out there has nothing invested in the process as we know it and won't put up with it.

• @Brain said:
    The serious iOS music user will know that app bugs are par-for-the-course and that a good dev will listen and rectify the situation (hopefully!) with a timely bug fix update.

• edited September 2015

As someone who's spent in the region of £1,500 on hardware and software you're never going to get me (or Mrs Monzo) to agree that iOS is a cheap platform for music making.

As to the bugs though - most developers, particularly the ones that frequent this forum, try their hardest to fix reported issues quickly, so no-one should complain about that. However there are a few bad eggs that ignore reports of issues from customers, or say they're too busy to fix them, then release new products instead. They deserve everything that's thrown their way.