Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps that waste time and space for you

13»

Comments

• Actually, ALL OF THEM

If I didn't have any apps I would not 'waste' so much time having fun :D

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Actually, ALL OF THEM

But Andy, PubStep is such a serious business :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Actually, ALL OF THEM

But Andy, PubStep is such a serious business :p

I only need beer for that though, well at least for an impromtu performance anyway. :p

• edited April 2016

I deleted Cubasis (the undo bug was a deal breaker), Hokusai (first audio app I bought; doesn't do much), LittleMIDI (first MIDI controller I bought; turned out that it's a simple step sequencer), GrooveMaker and SessionBand (both never used)

• I'd have to say iSpark springs to mind, mostly because although I got a refund for it, it has reappeared in my Purchased page......and I still don't want it using up the space. Creating your own kits is such a time-sink, and it even renamed the samples I had imported (replacing their names with generic titles like "sample 01", "sample 02", etc.), which completely ballsed up the kits I'd wasted time making.

Also, I'm not a fan of synths or drum machines marketed wih a purely bland EDM/electro house/modern techno slant. Most innovative electronic music was made on gear that was never intended to sound so generic. The genre-based preset thing came along in the late 90s with Novation & Roland VAs and all you get is sounds that are already cheekily dated after a week.

That's not to say you can't go down other avenues with iSpark but I do find the more pure-synthesis based apps like Elastic Drums or Seekbeats far superior....at least with those you're spending time crafting new sounds, not importing one drum sample at a time...

• @sleepless said:
    That's not to say you can't go down other avenues with iSpark but I do find the more pure-synthesis based apps like Elastic Drums or Seekbeats far superior....at least with those you're spending time crafting new sounds, not importing one drum sample at a time...

This, and that's why I prefer to create my drums with a full synth - previosly Magellan, iMS20, iPolysixx and DXi, now with FF Twin 2 - instead of a dedicated drum synth.

• Got to say....and this won't be a popular opinion....but I'm on the verge of deleting Gadget too. Love the idea - and the recent MIDI improvements are....well....improvements - but the whole thing feels too claustrophobic. The sequencer is too basic and often very frustrating when it comes to certain editing tasks, some of the synths are incredibly limited (Kiev is okay, but I'd prefer Korg to release a Wavestation app, Darwin just makes me return to iM1 and work outside the confines of Gadget).

I think, if Korg introduced multi-out audio, I'd be using Gadget a lot more. As in more than barely at all, anyway.

• You can go with only auria pro and maybe final touch. Gadget Figure Misicmaker jam fo fun ( a lot of fun). I love elastic drums anyway

• edited April 2016

@Nathan - My comment about Auria was true at the time, but that was a long time ago. Auria Pro, in its current version, has been pretty good. No regrets about buying/using Auria.

• Birdstepper :) Anyboby remember? Just deleted. Seems to be abandon ware.

• And this Shoom thing. Had it for 20 minutes already, no updates. I don't seem to be high at all. Wish there was something completely, you know, new I could buy.

• @Nathan said:

@MrNezumi said:

SoundPrism Pro (got Link edition)
    SoundPrism Electro (got Link edition)

Just out of interest, what's differentiators does Soundprism Link have over Pro?

• @OscarSouth said:

@Nathan said:

@MrNezumi said:

SoundPrism Pro (got Link edition)
    SoundPrism Electro (got Link edition)

Just out of interest, what's differentiators does Soundprism Link have over Pro?

http://audionewsroom.net/2016/03/soundprism-link-edition-review-a-new-instrument.html