Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplr forum deleted?

Noticed that the samplr forum has been deleted, hope this doesn't mean samplr is slipping into abandonware :(

Comments

• Always seem weird when things that are obviously towards the top of their own class falter. Unless someone else up the food chain thinks the same and already has plans...

• edited August 2015

I noticed the other day that the Samplr forum had gone.

I Found this question and answer below on the Samplr Facebook page.

It's frustrating though to find google results that promise an answer to your Samplr question only to find that those answers are posts from an inaccessible forum now replaced with the Samplr landing page.

• Sarmad AB
      28 July at 16:19
      Where has the Samplr Forum gone? There were some important posts waiting to be answered. Is everything ok in the development of Samplr for ios9 and so on?

• Samplr Hi Sarmad. The forum simply didn't work. It didn't help users. I'm thinking of a better way to do it
      5 · 28 July at 19:05

• I wonder if Apple has a hand in this....since Samplr' developer, if I understand it correctly, is employed by Apple. Yes, every now and then I fancy conspiracy theories.

• Ok glad there's hope still.. My iPad won't be updated if it means samplr will stop working

• I got in touch with Marcos about 2 months ago and we spoke about midi sync so I seriously doubt it's going south.

• @supadom said:
    I got in touch with Marcos about 2 months ago and we spoke about midi sync so I seriously doubt it's going south.

Cool :D I can relax a bit now :)

• @supadom said:
    I got in touch with Marcos about 2 months ago and we spoke about midi sync so I seriously doubt it's going south.

Good to hear....

• A lot can change in two months. ;)

• @anickt said:
    A lot can change in two months. ;)

Yeah, things like site maintenance.

• edited August 2015

the whole app obsolesence thing is so strange. I guess it is like old pc and amiga software. I reckon there will be ios version emulators one day so we can run old apps again.

@MirEko said:
    Ok glad there's hope still.. My iPad won't be updated if it means samplr will stop working

• @AudioGus said:
    the whole app obsolesence thing is so strange. I guess it is like old pc and amiga software. I reckon there will be ios version emulators one day so we can run old apps again.

May very well be.

• Prob Apple bought the dev out, like Camel Audio, so they can put it in there Logic DAW? Lol

• Or he is just hard working on other projects and dont have time to answer all the questions on the Samplr forum for a while.

• Maybe?...... Sometimes I feel sad if devs so go down the pan after they worked so hard for us to make apps for our enjoyment. It's because of them we can make the music we do( good or bad).

• yeah, realy like samplr
    hope marcos find time to upgrade it, its one of the main apps on my Pads,
    but slowly feels old, no midi, no sample edits....

really hope its not a dead horse.

• i have said it multiple times but i'll say it again: i'd be happy to pay like $10 or more for a newer, more feature-rich version of samplr if the money gives him incentive to work on it.

• @blanksmaiden said:
    i have said it multiple times but i'll say it again: i'd be happy to pay like $10 or more for a newer, more feature-rich version of samplr if the money gives him incentive to work on it.

Yeah I would seriously pay anything within reason for a kickass revamp of samplr

• @MirEko said:
    Yeah I would seriously pay anything within reason for a kickass revamp of samplr

+1

• as this app becomes more and more integral to my setup and as I stare down either the $899 OP-1 or the $1299 Elektron Octatrack, I get more and more worried.

has anyone been able to figure out the science behind this app? all the moving parts, so we could possibly have a plan B if the bottom gives out and Marcos has to abandon it? maybe a MobMuPlat version?

• @studs1966 said:
    Prob Apple bought the dev out, like Camel Audio, so they can put it in there Logic DAW? Lol

Why prob? He is within Apple for more than one year, already.
    Take a look: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcosar

• edited August 2015

@dderks said:
    as this app becomes more and more integral to my setup and as I stare down either the $899 OP-1 or the $1299 Elektron Octatrack, I get more and more worried.

has anyone been able to figure out the science behind this app? all the moving parts, so we could possibly have a plan B if the bottom gives out and Marcos has to abandon it? maybe a MobMuPlat version?

The octatrack is $2099 where I live :(

But yeah I will just keep my ipad3 dedicated to samplr. Will buy a new iPad pro probably. As iPads get more obsolete they will be cheap, and I can always pick up another ipad3/2 when they hit $100 as a backup

Samplr runs great on ipad1 and they are already going for about $90-100 round here

• @Goozoon said:

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Either earn a small income from an app or advance your career working for one of the most successfull companies in the world? Easy choice really

• I'm wondering if Marcos is reading all of this and maybe can give us an answer.

• Marcos wrote about shutting the forum down quite a while ago so it was not surprising at all for those of you who had been there. There were not a lot of people like at this forum where you knew you would get some feedback on a thread. Not much help from power users on that forum though, so it really was not working so well as a resource.

I think there's too much being read into this, but y'all go ahead and speculate.

And, yes, Samplr is a great app and has been very inspiring to me. I think music students would benefit from learning Samplr as another compositional tool.

• Is Samplr encountering any problems under iOS 9? With Audiobus? This (and Sector) are the things holding me back from updating.

• @Icepulse said:
    Is Samplr encountering any problems under iOS 9? With Audiobus? This (and Sector) are the things holding me back from updating.

I also heard of a latency pb with module (gadget?) on ios 9...
    http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=100342

But yeah, news from Samplr would be great, as I'm not worried about sector (very active dev)