Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 9 USB Audio

I've hooked the iPhone to my MB Air via Lightning cable and in iOS9 and El Capitan you can record from your iPhone into your DAW at 48KHz with no latency.

Just saying :D

Comments

• What would be cool is... hooking two iOS 9 devices like... iPhone to my iPad and sampling from one another :D

I'll try tonight.

• no need to audiomux ?

• @Goozoon That's right, no need for 'AudioMux' under iOS9 and 'El Capitan'. Don't know about Midi, guess MidiMux would need an update until iOS9.5 or so comes along :)

• you can send midi via Bluetooth to the iPad and get the audio back in. Or... if you have a 4G iPad, you can also create a tethering network with your Mac... but it's tricky.

• edited June 2015

for midi, you guys can use midi le [or midimittr now] dont know what are the requierements for osx are [check website at the bottom], but on windows its very simple and straight fordward to do and it works flawlessly with the ipad/iphone usb cable. and free too.

http://www.s-r-n.de/midimittr

i love this thing.

edit - im guessing ios9 usb audio is just for the new osx? :'(

• @alexbuga Thanks for the report! which DAW are you using? Can you tell us what happens when you record into a 44.1k project?

• Awesome

• Now I can see my iPad among OSX audio devices - 18ch in/2ch out. But it's not working. Apparently, not all ipad models are supported. Audio Midi Setup utility has a new window - iOS Device Browser and it tells me my iPad 2 is not supported

So, I'm gonna stick with audiomux

• Oh.....So if you hook up your iOS device it shows as an Audio device?

Geesh, this is totally awesome. And it must charge also, (I"m guessing here).

But the down side? El Captian. Horrible POS at this point. It broke all sorts of things on one machine. I'll have to wait until it's sorted out. Not a big deal. takes time.