Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MidiSequencer on sale

Been awhile, but MidiSequencer is on sale ($1.99 USD) until end of June folks.
Should be in your itunes region in the next hour...
MidiSequencer is an easy way to sketch musical ideas that feature repeated patterns - up to 16 notes or chords can be played with a variety of ornaments, midi fx (e.g. echo), controller info, automation,
With extremely high & low tempos, it's designed to extract new sounds from any IOS or hardware synth as well as pleasing melodic lines.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/midisequencer/id787934896?mt=8

Comments

• Buying it now. Thanks!

• Are the IAPs on sale, or is that regular price?

• edited June 2015

Thank you, @midiSequencer! I start a 1-week holiday/vacation tomorrow and can't wait to try it out. I've been so busy that I had not bought it yet, despite knowing that you have the midi effects that I crave!

The IAPs are thankfully very inexpensive, @solador78. I just bought both.

Thanks again, Tony.

• edited June 2015

For those unaware, Tony produced a great manual for the app too. Find it here...

http://www.amssoftware.org/manual/midiSequencerManual.pdf

@midiSequencer Are you still working on the iMidi app?

• @solador78 I'm interested in your take on midiSequencer. As you mentioned that Bstep was the app you felt you had mastered. If you have had enough time to play with MS, what would you say each app does better than the other? Thanks

• @SpookyZoo said:
    solador78 I'm interested in your take on midiSequencer. As you mentioned that Bstep was the app you felt you had mastered. If you have had enough time to play with MS, what would you say each app does better than the other? Thanks

Yes. Double vote for this informational option please.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    solador78 I'm interested in your take on midiSequencer. As you mentioned that Bstep was the app you felt you had mastered. If you have had enough time to play with MS, what would you say each app does better than the other? Thanks

My first impression of MidiSequencer was pretty good. It definitely exceeded my expectations in that I was able to get good musical results very quickly, using it in a traditional way. But then I started chaining virtual midi devices together and found a whole a new world that I wasn't expecting to work so well (i.e. Metronom->MidiSequencer->ChordPolyPad->Synth).

B-Step is still my thing because it's 4 sequencers in 1 and it keeps melodies and chords in harmony with each other, even while effecting complex key changes. But it's also very demanding, so I like to think of it as a 4 string instrument, instead of treating it as a conventional midi sequencer.

If you're looking for a conventional sequencer with tons of potential to do unconventional things, MidiSequencer seems like a fine choice. I finally sprang for the IAPs, so I'm looking forward to seeing what those do and will report back later.

• Thanks @Solador78 I've owned MidiSequencer for a while now and think it's great. I actually bought Bstep yesterday based on your screenshots on another thread and a few hours play with the free version. I like it very much.

They are both very cool with in depth features.

Am I right in thinking though that Bstep can only output two CCs compared to MidiSequencers 16?

I do like the click and drag copy feature and also the color scheme editor of B Step. I'd like to find a 'randomize' section like MidiSequencers, but I'm not sure that exists yet.

A MidiSequencer sale thread is probably not the best place to do a comparison, so my apologies, but thanks for your reply.

I think they both do what they do really well in different ways and I feel like I got good value for money with each app.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    I actually bought Bstep yesterday based on your screenshots on another thread and a few hours play with the free version.

That's great! I'm hoping that if more people use it this way, the devs might start hard-coding the chord sets into the app, saving us all the hassle of tuning the damn thing.

Am I right in thinking though that Bstep can only output two CCs compared to MidiSequencers 16?

You can control up to 8 CCs if you use all 4 hands. Go to the "Seq#" tab and turn the "sequence #" knobs to change the hand assignments for each bar.

I do like the click and drag copy feature and also the color scheme editor of B Step. I'd like to find a 'randomize' section like MidiSequencers, but I'm not sure that exists yet.

There's a step probability function on the "BAR" tab that's pretty cool.

• Great question @SpookyZoo.

These are both absurdly deep apps. I'd love to see some masterclass style video tutorials. They are both worthy of deep dives because they both do so much more than it seems on first blush. Or even after 10 uses. Or in my case 50 uses!