Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Select Audiobus Presets via MIDI

Is this possible right now? I'd like to switch presets via a MIDI foot controller.

Comments

• I don't think so, but that would be a great upgrade!

• Not yet, though it has been hinted as coming in a future update.

Not quite the same but many apps do respond to MIDI program change. There's a fair bit of information in this thread:
    http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/3894/bank-select-via-midi-ios-synths/p2

• Unless apps are loaded automatically inside audiobus ,there is no point on that feature (just an opinion)

• Just need a midi message to recall a saved state and then launch the apps. From a dev's perspective, I imagine that's an over simplification though.

• +1
    This would solve so many issues for playing live

• @funjunkie27 said:
    Just need a midi message to recall a saved state and then launch the apps. From a dev's perspective, I imagine that's an over simplification though.

Yeah, the workflow has to be right. It's something we can look into for Audiobus 3

@ruairionline said:
    +1

Even if Apps would have to be reloaded, in case they're not running (anymore)?

• This is a HUGE wish list item for me. I would use it for immediate recall of complex routes of state-saved apps. I would not need new apps to be opened or closed, just easy rearrangement and change of the parameters of many apps at once.

For starters, Imagine turning all the AUFX and Holderness effects into a single multi-fx stomp box... Just sayin

• @Sebastian said:

@ruairionline said:
    +1

Even if Apps would have to be reloaded, in case they're not running (anymore)?

That was my first thought too: you have time to wait for apps to load while you play live?! But yeah, for lots of folks it'd be more like switching a couple of sounds on your synths and picking new preset on your multi effect unit. Used to be a simple MIDI Program change away. Indeed, lots of live musicians still use MIDI Program Change pedals to reconfigure their entire rig between songs with a single foot press.

If you guys do investigate it for AB3, I hope you'll consider a use case along these lines. A live set with the same N apps but different settings and routings in each preset.

1. New pattern in a drum app
    2. New patch in iSem
    3. New patch in Thumbjam
    4. New settings in FX apps 1, 2 and 3
    5. New AB routings for the three input and the three effect apps (perhaps it was three discreet lanes for one song, and the next song needs the two synths going through the same two effect apps.

Of course, for this to work sensibly, you're going to have to add banks to the preset list. :)

• Yes please implement preset changing via midi, iOS is finally getting better at integrating with hardware, this would be a massive help for live use especially, and would allow the use of great sounding synth apps whose makers couldn't be bothered to put in a full midi spec (I'm looking at you a animoog, korg, arturiA)