Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vote for the 'official' AB "BIG THREE" improvements to Gadget..to take to Korg [VOTING NOW CLOSED]

Many of the members of the AudioBus Forum community, who use and generally love Korg Gadget, have supported the idea of voting on a "BIG THREE" list of improvements we'd like to see Korg make to Gadget asap.

Korg have stated that they have a roadmap to further perfect the system as a mobile music production studio - so the idea is to voice the BIG THREE issues that audiobus members have voted as being the things they'd like Korg to focus on.

There's a lot of user knowledge, not to mention spending power, in this community so we hope Korg will listen.

The shortlisted issues have been gleaned from a thread that has run this week collecting views.

Instructions:

• Vote on each poll, choosing a different issue for each

• The idea is to vote for 3 different issues, not the same one 3 times. And not to register multiple accounts to get more votes.

The 3 items with the highest number of votes (when added together) will then be selected to go to Korg (how we do this is TBD!).

EDIT: Polling will close (and be counted) 6 days from now at 6pm GMT on Thursday 2nd July.

Poll 1
  1. Please choose 1111 votes
    1. Multiple FX options for each and every channel (EQ, Compression, filter, delay etc. 3rd party?)
      26.13%
    2. Playable keyboard sampler Gadget
        9.91%
    3. Arrangement improvements (naming tracks, scenes, colour coding, loop points, linear options)
        4.50%
    4. Audio tracks or at least much longer minimum sample import lengths
      30.63%
    5. Better MIDI implementation (multi-channel Midi In and Out, Midi Import, clock send)
      11.71%
    6. Vertical zoom in the piano roll editor
        0.90%
    7. Multiple undo
        3.60%
    8. User sample management: folders, renaming, deleting, moving, exporting, resampling, microfades)
        1.80%
    9. Improve playability: e.g. optional Kaoss Pads for gadgets, velocity on keys, ‘humanize’ option etc..
        3.60%
    10. Tempo changes / better swing that uses the Linn (50% to 75% model)
        0.90%
    11. Project/preset management (backing up /sharing projects & presets / file picker/ overwrite warning)
        0.90%
    12. More precise control with automation (e.g. bezier style points option)
        0.00%
    13. 3rd party app support via IAA then AU
        4.50%
    14. Do nothing apart from maybe change the name from Gadget to Widget
        0.00%
    15. Preset program changes within gadgets
        0.90%
  2. Please choose 1111 votes
    1. Multiple FX options for each and every channel (EQ, Compression, filter, delay etc. 3rd party?)
      18.02%
        4.50%
    3. Arrangement improvements (naming tracks, scenes, colour coding, loop points, linear options)
        6.31%
      19.82%
    5. Better MIDI implementation (multi-channel Midi In and Out, Midi Import, clock send)
      16.22%
        2.70%
    7. Multiple undo
      10.81%
    8. User sample management: folders, renaming, deleting, moving, exporting, resampling, microfades)
        3.60%
    9. Improve playability: e.g. optional Kaoss Pads for gadgets, velocity on keys, ‘humanize’ option etc..
        3.60%
        0.00%
    11. Project/preset management (backing up /sharing projects & presets / file picker/ overwrite warning)
        1.80%
        0.90%
      10.81%
        0.00%
        0.90%
  3. Please choose 1111 votes
        8.11%
        4.50%
        7.21%
      14.41%
      14.41%
        3.60%
    7. Multiple undo
      16.22%
        4.50%
        1.80%
        2.70%
        6.31%
        5.41%
        9.01%
        0.90%
        0.90%

Comments

• I did resist picking #14 but it was not easy

• Clip launching like Ableton, Auxy or iKaossilator is not on the list or am I just not seeing it?

• Sorry. Wasn't raised. Or I missed it.

• I can't believe audio tracks is being voted higher than undo, lol.

• what a bunch of geniuses

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I can't believe audio tracks is being voted higher than undo, lol.

I'd much rather have audio tracks to be honest... I really don't need undo - I keep a copy of clips i'm happy with in an extra scene right at the bottom of my track - so I can always go back to that.

• Happy to see MIDI making a strong showing. MIDI out FTW!

Audio tracks too, obviously, though I still see myself ultimately recording and mixing in my iPad DAW (MultitrackStudio). Of course I understand and support the desire to have Gadget be a complete solution for finishing songs.

• Yessir to audio tracks being a highly welcomed addition.

• Oh! Oh! Change the name to Widget!

Kidding...and no, I did NOT vote for that one.

Thanks a million Matt, great work!

• @TGiG said:
    Oh! Oh! Change the name to Widget!

Kidding...and no, I did NOT vote for that one.

Thanks a million Matt, great work!

Thanks @TGiG

• Love the last minute below the line hustings. Like being snagged by buggers outside the polling station ")

• When do we submit final results to korg?

• Where's the option: "Bilbao Needs More KungFu"?

:-P Thanks for the work Matt

• voted!
    hopefully korg does something. i shall cross my boney, broken fingers of death.

• People don't want third party IAA, AU plugins? Really?

• @supadom said:
    People don't want third party IAA, AU plugins? Really?

They want, they just chicken out!

What you want me to vote for? I wait you to say?

• edited June 2015

IAA synth input, effects inputs slot are super ++++++++++++++++

Why don't you all decide first, then give a vote later! Ants with Elephant (Korg)

• @supadom said:
    People don't want third party IAA, AU plugins? Really?

I think it's more that that's unlikely to happen (for now at least) so its a wasted request.

• This reminds me of girlfreinds who date you because they love you just the way you are, then proceed to try to change everything about you to make you perfect. :)

So the meesage to Korg is...
    "WHAT DO WE WANT?" - "WE DON'T KNOW!"
    "WHEN DO WE WANT IT?" - "SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE!"

Sorry, seemed funny at the time. That's the best I can do this late on a Friday. Brain kinda mushy.

BTW, Korg have a really good forum too.

• I give my 3 votes to IAA, everything is possible!

• Effects and recording audio are the top two so I'm happy. I thought IAA would be higher but maybe some people thought it was impossible.

• Native effects are way better than IAA. You can only use one instance of an IAA effect and they don't have state saving, so basically they suck.

• Now that UVI/BeatHawk has shown the way with 'iCloud-Drive'(ie. iOS8+ FilePicker Support) implementation there is no reason for Korg not to follow and add import and export using iOS FilePicker for all the gadgets that can import samples and and also for picking the export destination. :)

• @richardyot said:
    Native effects are way better than IAA. You can only use one instance of an IAA effect and they don't have state saving, so basically they suck.

I disagree with the first part and agree with the second. Hopefully IOS9 will improve the way plugins are handled. Hopefully.

• @supadom said:
    Hopefully IOS9 will improve the way plugins are handled. Hopefully.

Let's hope so :)

• As long as customers do not demanding 'iOS Legacy' support Korg will most likely move to iOS9 and embrace all the new features, that's what i feel will happen...(One reason would be to comply with the AppStore Rules).

• edited June 2015

@richardyot said:
    Native effects are way better than IAA. You can only use one instance of an IAA effect and they don't have state saving, so basically they suck.

I was also thinking about 3rd party Gadgets. It would be like when Propellerheads opened up and let 3rd party developers make synths for the Reason. That along with an improved sequencer and effects, and audio inputs would make Gadget the top iOS DAW on the market.

• Wish we could have put "fix gadget cloud and notifications ".

I get alerts but cannot see them in notifications and the chart is simply not accurate and a jumble lol. Maybe Korg chooses the chart?

• Only 61 votes? Korg needs to see hundreds at least lol

• Korg needs to just keep doin' what they doin'