Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Guitar Sound?

Hello all. I was wondering if you know what effects I need to get the "Johnny Marr" sound for 2 guitars in a song. They would be the constant chord jam and the guitar slide. What effects are they using and what iOS app(s) could duplicate this sound? Thanks.

Comments

• Here's some information on "How Soon is Now" so basically you're after maybe a touch of overdrive, tremolo and reverb so any effects apps like tonestack, jamup Pro or bias fx I'd hazard a guess would fit the bill.

http://www.westword.com/music/johnny-marr-on-how-he-created-the-sound-for-how-soon-is-now-without-effects-pedals-5704969

• edited June 2015

@pangolin Hey thanks man! That's a great video. She does a good job of explaining it.

The article is interesting too. Marr didn't use digital effects. The Fender Twin Reverb is an amp with a old fashioned analogue spring reverb.

"That was four Fender Twin Reverbs. Myself controlling the speed of two of them and the producer controlling the speed of the other two. So two amps were recorded on one side of the stereo and the other two on the other side. I recorded the part on the tape without the tremolo, and then I sent the part from tape out to four amps, and he controlled two, and I controlled the other two.

• edited June 2015

Not sure if the second vid mentioned it, (didn't watch it all the way) but 'Autopan' too.

The Autopan I've used is in Beatmaker 2 (one of its better effects).

There are more I've come across, I'll have to remember, and add to this..

Auria springs to mind..

Added: Auria and Spring :) no pun intended hehe.

• @KING777 said:
    Not sure if the second vid mentioned it, (didn't watch it all the way) but 'Autopan' too.

That's true you need that extreme ping pong stereo panning. Never though about that.

• edited June 2015

@mkell424 said:

You can do it wth delays. The 'Stereo Delay' in Auria has a Ping Pong preset, (Then tweak to taste) if you have Auria. But I'm sure you can achieve this with any (good) delay unit/effect.

Added: plus this 'Stereo Delay' is NOT an IAP.

• What about, you know, that Holderness Johnny app? Close?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    What about, you know, that Holderness Johnny app? Close?

I forgot about that app. It's been out for a while now.