Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What's your favourite gadget and why

Not sure if this has been threaded before but I'd be interested to hear from you..

My favourite gadget was Brussels cause of the way it can creative massive bass or leads, but last few weeks, Wolfsburg has taken over..

Such an awesome synth..for some reason it reminds me of sunrizer, maybe it's the sound and UI.

I can generate bass, leads, pads, stabs and all sorts from Wolfsburg, we are slowly getting to know each other!

So..what's your favourite gadget?

Comments

• Chiang Mai in terms of synths I think. Just allows some very interesting synth and percussion sounds to be made and manipulated. Most stuff sounds good. The chorus and delay are useful.

• Great question and a tricky one. I'm a fan of Chiang Mai, Kiev and London in the standard gadgets and Darwin, Montreal and Firenze in the others.

• I love chiang mai for nice subtle bass, also the bell like hypnotic sounds..thing of beauty that synth:)

• I think we had this discussion a little while ago but one of the amazing things about Gadget is that favorite Gadgets seem to change every few months or so (at least in my case). So why not another round of favorite Gadget :)

I just got Module -- and Salzburg is really nice and changing the whole "flavour" of Gadget (along with the other Module Gadgets) opening it to more kinds of music . . .

I assume m1 is doing the same again but I don't have it yet

• I consider Module and Darwin/iM1 as unfair beasts in this competition, of the others I immediately liked Chaing Mai, but have come to appreciate that one can do a lot with others (and expand what might appear to be their limitations) via automation especially....

• Tokyo and Phoenix = faves right now

Amsterdam = meh

• Should have done a poll cause chiang mai seems to be winning..

• I like the (virtual) analog ones the most: Phoenix - favourite for chords, Dublin - favourite for bass and Berlin - favourite for lead

• @touchconspiracy said:
    Should have done a poll cause chiang mai seems to be winning..

Edit your post and you still can I think...

Amsterdam is my least used I think... but you can actually mash up those samples quite a bit and make them your own...

• Darwin, (iM1 is my favourite app overall at the moment) and Berlin.

• @touchconspiracy said:
    Wolfsburg

+1

• Amsterdam has good samples, I just use for occasional symphonic hits, but Tokyo and most of the module gadgets remain unused. Nonetheless, the more gadgets the better and I'll use them all at some stage..

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Amsterdam is my least used I think... but you can actually mash up those samples quite a bit and make them your own...

• If I'm not into sampling do you recommend the two samplers in gadget?

• Erm, I think they're essential at this point (took me a long time to start using them, but they seem to be on/in every piece now, esp. Bilbao) BUT if you don't use samples.....etc etc.

• Bilbao is essential for bringing loops and one shots from other apps or dropbox/audioshare

Abudhabi is a beast of a sampler. I'm slowly getting to grips with it, but u can chop, add and automate fx, adjust pitch, make arp patterns, reverse each chopped section on the grid..

So yes, both are amazing and essential

If u study the vast volume of work by @sinkingfeeling on his soundcloud, you can see how he puts abudhabi to astonishing use...

@Musikman4Christ said:
    If I'm not into sampling do you recommend the two samplers in gadget?

• @Musikman4Christ - if you enjoy doing things like making your own patches from sampling other synths, then yes... and you're using Gadget as your main environment... i'd say yes.

Otherwise, no...

• @Musikman4Christ said:
    If I'm not into sampling do you recommend the two samplers in gadget?

Yes, Bilbao has more drum sounds and a bunch of one shots that are fun.

• I go for Darwin (Korg iM1)!

Korg iM1 standalone app is so fuckin' nice and wonderful!
    You can make all kind of sounds if you dig a little deeper...

• Darwin & Abudhabi

• @RustiK said:
    Darwin & Abudhabi

Does anyone know how to delete the Gadgets you don't want?

• probably Baltimore, the one I'm beta testing currently...

• Lol, if u were testing for Korg..you would be under NDA my friend..nice try and nice gadget title..

@rhcball said:
    probably Baltimore, the one I'm beta testing currently...

• Wish someone would make a tutorial for Abu Dhabi - the manual is pretty useless and I would love understand it better.

What's the soundcloud of SinkingFeeling? Would love to hear what he/she is doing.

• @Peter321 Yeah. This. I use it but only as regards pressing buttons like a happy chimp.

• Here friend:

https://soundcloud.com/sinkingfeeling

He's a mad genius with gadget, only has an iPad 2 also..

Agreed about Abu Dhabi tutorial , I feel it is an incredible sampler that is overlooked somewhat

@Peter321 said:
    Wish someone would make a tutorial for Abu Dhabi - the manual is pretty useless and I would love understand it better.

What's the soundcloud of SinkingFeeling? Would love to hear what he/she is doing.

• Abu and Bilbao aren't essential, in the same way as iM1 and Module aren't essential, but they certainly expand your sound palette.
    I've yet to find much use for Kingston and Amsterdam, but Helsinki is another goodie.

• I love Helsinki, so much potential for ambient soundscapes, so easy to use..

@Igneous1 said:
    Abu and Bilbao aren't essential, in the same way as iM1 and Module aren't essential, but they certainly expand your sound palette.
    I've yet to find much use for Kingston and Amsterdam, but Helsinki is another goodie.

• I haven't used Abu or Bilbau since the update but I like to know they're there

• However, Kingston can be used to generate some excellent dub reggae bass: