Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Diode-108 1.2.0 Released. New Features!

• Microphone sampling (sample your voice or anything else, then re-pitch the sample and perform FX on it).
  • In/Out song markers let you work on any section of your song.
  • Full Choke Grid implementation. Not just choke groups. Any instrument can choke any other! Great for setting up complex hi-hat parts.

These three features were our top requests (even amongst our beta testers before release).

The choke grid gives you complete control. It's not just a choke group or an xor group! Any one of the 16 instruments in your kit can choke any or all of the others! It's simple enough to do normal chokes, but comprehensive enough to allow you to configure weird choke ideas as well. Even something like the closed hat chokes the open which chokes the crash which chokes the closed--we won't judge you! Best of all, we think it's the easiest choke section to use. Our beta testers immediately fell in love with it. If you're the person who mentioned lack of choke groups in the app store review, please update your review. If you have been holding out for this before rating us or buying the app, your time to shine has come!

Microphone sampling is a blast. Great for serious uses and also for goofing around. Relive your Casio SK-1 days, only now you can put Diode's drag&drop FX on your voice.

In/Out markers. This will probably be the new feature that helps users the most. Need to work on a four-pattern section of your song? Mark the beginning and end of that section in the SONG view. Now, add more hits on the PADS view as the song loops the section you're working on. NO MORE CONSTANTLY STARTING FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE SONG!

We know we didn't hit all the features people want. That will take time. But more features are coming!

Comments

• edited June 2015

Excellent as always @Diode108. :-)

How long do we get for microphone sampling?

Added: Update not available in the UK as yet!...

More Added: it has just become live!

• Thank you Diode108, Go to downloading it.

• edited June 2015

The free version is waiting approval. So far only the paid version is 1.2.0.

• Great news. Look forward to experimenting with the choke.

• Woot. Congrats and thank you!

• Well Done You People!

Exemplary attendance in class is impressive and cool and all, but taking notes, doing shit, and bringing the baby along in significant walk the walk ways is terrific.

The choke is great, the samples are sexy, but I love things like the in/out markers because they don't sell the most newspapers, but as a user they make a huge difference.

Take the rest of the hour off!

• @KING777 said:
    Excellent as always Diode108. :-)

How long do we get for microphone sampling?

Added: Update not available in the UK as yet!...

More Added: it has just become live!

Same as our usual sample length, which is something over 2.5 seconds. I know a couple people have asked more more time.

• nice one :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Well Done You People!

Exemplary attendance in class is impressive and cool and all, but taking notes, doing shit, and bringing the baby along in significant walk the walk ways is terrific.

The choke is great, the samples are sexy, but I love things like the in/out markers because they don't sell the most newspapers, but as a user they make a huge difference.

Take the rest of the hour off!

Sweet! Catnap!

• To everyone thanking, you are welcome. I have a busy night and day ahead of me, but I'll try to help. If you can help each other, great, but I'll definitely check in now and then to see how it's going for everyone.

• THANKS TAMMI!

• edited June 2015

@Diode108 said:

Lovely Jubbly. :-)

The choke is working fine! Great stuff man.

Going to find the Mic sampling department...

Some Developers do listen to their customers, and implement ideas/requests!

Excellent!

• Many thanks :-)

• Ok @Diode108 I give up, where is it? :-)

• edited June 2015

Tap on the name of a sample (at the bottom of every voice in DRUM MACHINE view). You can:

Import from Dropbox, Import from iTunes, Import from AudioShare, Import from AudioCopy, Record from Microphone.

If you can't get it to work, go to your iPad's settings for Diode-108 and make sure Microphone Input is on. YOUR IPAD'S SETTINGS FOR DIODE-108. This stumped me for awhile as well. :-)

• Ok.. :-) you were waiting lol

• @KING777 said:
    Ok.. :-) you were waiting lol

Dang it. Why am I so easily caught?

• @Diode108 said:
    Dang it. Why am I so easily caught?

LMAO Haha :-)

• @KING777 said: LMAO Haha :-)

Just tell me you got the microphone to work, even if you need to lie to me.

• edited June 2015

@Diode108 said:
    Just tell me you got the microphone to work, even if you need to lie to me.

Still testing. It caught some and not some but I need to get used to it! Back in a min..

Added: got it now. You don't need to press play after Rec. Although you don't see scrolling it's recording.

• @KING777 said:
    Added: got it now. You don't need to press play after Rec. Although you don't see scrolling it's recording.

Yeah, that's why I need to write something in the manual.

• edited June 2015

It's working great! And you don't need to grab the markers on the triangles, in fact it's more difficult if you try to. In fact you can't!

Edit: No cropping? Although it plays fine from the maker.

• Renamed instruments on choke group, fantastic!

Marker is clearly shown on the chain!

• I fancy there'll be some fancy fun done with this one now...

• edited June 2015

Many many!...

• edited June 2015

Ok in and out looping is working perfect.

All is well. :-)

• @KING777 said:
    It's working great! And you don't need to grab the markers on the triangles, in fact it's more difficult if you try to. In fact you can't!

Edit: No cropping? Although it plays fine from the maker.

You should be able to crop to the left and the right. It's a bit unusual. I'll write up the instructions. Until then, use the force.

• I know this is the time for the complements, I also wish Diode108 has a randomizer button for the selected instruments on Pattern page. Thus I can have more idea to create and stay with Diode drum machine. This is by far most user friendly Drum app to touch with! Thank you for the enhancement! Very groovy!

• edited June 2015

@Kaikoo I think after a brief period of being impressed, you all should hound us for more.

• Great, great news @Diode108 .. Thank You for setting an example of Awesome Developer-ness x