Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Saving User Presets from Addictive Synth?

I've created a bunch of user presets within Addictive Synth 2.5.2, but I can't figure out how to save them.

Preset sharing is supposed to work through iTunes file sharing. And there's a presets folder that shows up in iTunes. It has steadily grown as I've created more and more presets (it's now 3.4 MB). However, when I tried to copy the presets folder to my hard drive, I get an error that says the required file can't be found. Double-clicking on the presets folder for the contents doesn't work either.

Has anyone had any luck saving user presets from Addictive Synth 2.5.2? It doesn't seem to support Dropbox or email file sharing. iTunes seems to be the only method.

Comments

• I wouldn't mind some input on this as well. I'm not trying to save my own presets, but I bought a preset pack ages ago from Sunsine Audio, and their installation directions are outdated. At some point during an update, Addictive Synth's preset management changed and as far as I can tell, there's no way at all to import 3rd party presets anymore.

• edited June 2015

@betamax999 said:
    At some point during an update, Addictive Synth's preset management changed and as far as I can tell, there's no way at all to import 3rd party presets anymore.

I also was thinking that it might be related to the changes in the preset manager. Very frustrating, especially as VirSyn claims that "unlimited user presets can be shared."

• If you email the dev (the contact form on the main site, link in app) you'll hear back pretty quick. I'll write too.

• Is this caused by the recent iOS 8.3 change in sandboxing, if so it may be a problem for other VirSyn apps, maybe for other developers apps too.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    If you email the dev (the contact form on the main site, link in app) you'll hear back pretty quick. I'll write too.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll email the dev, as preset sharing is listed among the main features.

• OK, I've sent off an email to VirSyn about this problem. Will report back if I get an answer.