Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioBus and GarageBand not compatible on 4th gen iPod Touch?

edited April 2013 in Support and Feedback

Hi all,

I have an iPod Touch 4th gen running the latest iOS. I selected ThumbJam as my input in Audiobus, and GarageBand as my output. When I opened GarageBand, it told me that AudioBus was not compatible on my device. Is this a bug, or did Apple simply choose not to support the 4th gen iPod Touch when implimenting AudioBus support?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Siena.

Comments

• Yeah, it's an Apple thing...

• Yep. The GarageBand team decided to exclude the iPod 4 in that way. We're not supporting it either but we're not taking such measures to completely shut out iPod 4 users.

• I'm using a 3rd generation iPad with the highest operating version. I'm trying to send a song I made with Music Studio into Garage Band and I can't get the record button to turn red. Help!