Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Different Drummer Workflow with SoundCanvas and Midi Breakout Box

Sorry in advance for the video quality. I now know not to shoot in a darkened room. I think it's still easy enough to follow though.

Comments

• Another excellent video:) Thanks.
    I think the video is easy to follow if you know or own DD.
    Could be zoomed in a bit, be careful shooting in the dark

I wish the keyboard bar was only 2 octaves long and could be moved for desired pitch.

One thing about DD, is you never get bored exploring the more you figure out the better or interesting it gets

• Thanks @soundklinik. I think I got the audio mix a bit better on this one, but the video went down the tubes. Hopefully they'll keep getting better. I probably need a better camera, and a better rig to mount everything, and of course better lighting.

I wouldn't mind seeing the jam panel restricted to 2 octaves, with the ability to change octaves. I'd also like to see it cover more real estate in the app, since I can't imagine much need to access anything else while you're playing with it. I would think it could cover 80% of the screen and still give enough access to whatever you might need. I also wonder if an ext keyboard could be used, but with the off key notes mapped in key. I think there are apps out there that already do this, but I can't recall any one specifically.

Definitely agree that DD is like going down the rabbit hole. I've picked up several nuances just doing the videos, however the area I'm most interested in still gives me trouble. That would be the ABA, since that would allow me to construct full songs, rather than phrases. I've had some luck with it, but there's some interactions that I still don't quite follow and they throw it off. I will keep trying though, as I'd like to push a video out on that too.

• Looks like it's on sale again at $9.99 U.S.

• I think we all have it at this point, we're just not all brave enough to bring it out Doctor.

Was actually getting the kid organized for a cool theater camp that starts in Maine soon after we get there and was a) thinking what a lucky bugger he is and b) thinking maybe I need to go to a camp also at The Triple D* Ranch....

(*Different Drummer Doctor).

• Maybe a presentation at the Audiobussers convention?

• Out next guest of honor at mobile music hangout? Russel.

• Sure...if I'm available. Doing some contract work out of state, so it depends on the timing. Btw...have you figured out if screen sharing is available on hangouts?