Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Out now: Korvpressor - by Klevgränd Produktion AB

Didn't see any thread with linkage and info on this one.

Intro price @ $4.99 until June 30

"Korvpressor is an adaptive compressor/limiter with an easy-to-use interface (a whole new take on how to tame a compressor)."

Official Product Page: http://klevgrand.se/products/korvpressor/

AppStore Linkage:

Korvpressor - smart dynamic hotdog device by Klevgränd Produktion AB
https://appsto.re/us/iWpu7.i

Comments

• Thanks , almost like dadalife.com vst 'sausage fattener'.

• Don't think I will use this as much as I should, but have to buy an app that has the nuts to use the tag: 'Start stuffing audio wursts today...'

• edited June 2015

The ease of use has already made this 'Korgstoppare' my go to compressor as I'm not super dependent on numbers. If it sounds good it means I'm doing something right :D

• @gsm909 I believe Dada's plug can be pushed Much farther than Korvpressor in terms of grit / overdrive / distortion (It'd be Lovely if that plug was ported to iOS) but Korvpressor is a hint of the Utopian Splendor iOS music-making (and music making in general) could and hopefully will be.

Korvpressor is true genius.

• @Proppa said:
    Korvpressor is true genius.

Not doubting you an ounce. Have picked this up (just on the basis of the UI, which is fab) and can see I can put stuff into the sausage, squeeze the sausage, and the fiddle about with the outcome of the sausage, but in what way do you feel the genius here? Just want to make sure I'm not missing out on some aspect (of the sausage etc).

• Maybe sausage/hot dog language is what it will take for me to finally understand compression.

• @JohnnyGoodyear aka JohnnyGoodGear aka JohnnyGooGear: The "Genius" is that UI: maybe the most pure instance of "painting with sound" so far -- drawing envelopes with SeekBeats is a similar ecstasy but SEEing that input piping through Korvpressor's "casing" and for the first time Compression not being numbers / sliders / knobs is the proverbial bee's knees.

To my ears it sounds Really good too - I don't feel particularly gifted at the art of Compression and have been less than over-the-moon with some of the most recommended Compression / Mastering plugs and apps - Korvpressor is a burst of fresh air.

• edited June 2015

@Proppa Good answer. Look forward to taking the sausage further...yet more motivation to finish the next song :)

• Like the rest of the apps from this stable, there is something immensely satisfying about the UI. Also, loving that thin then fat must be expansion.

I was hoping that sliding horizontally on the gradients would give us control over the attack and decay (hint hint if the dev strolls by)

• @xen said:
    I was hoping that sliding horizontally on the gradients would give us control over the attack and decay (hint hint if the dev strolls by)

:(

I almost bought it! I think I woulda been sad to find these missing.

• Just to wax on further the glory of this one: After running this on iOS and loving it I found myself wishing that there was also an AU version for the desktop and discovered that indeed there is one - I was digesting the $40 price tag while leaning into the Buy button and was met with half-off-till-July $20 greatness.

Take My Money Klevgrand wizards and Please make more magic.

• How does this compare to AUFX:push (which is awesome)?

• @Carnbot Let me preface by acknowledging (restating) my lack of technical understanding (overall idiocy), but Push seems like a constructivist crane with 200 levers and a higher degree in possibility with a minor in serious jockstomping. Korvpressor on the other hand (for iOS anyway) is an elegant in an out machine. One you marry, the other you snog at a party and right now. I'm glad to have them both. I can't say, when dying, which I will look back on and feel I had the most worthwhile relationship with.

• edited June 2015

ha ha :) I can relate to your stance on the two. Korvpressor does look pretty but I'm happy with Push so I guess I shouldn't even be looking over the fence....

• She'll always be there. That's the thing about sirens...

• until then I'll just make eye contact with her occasionally

• @Cambot AUFX:push isn't in my collection (though it looks deep and brimming with potency) - I do have FinalTouch and AudioMastering (Igor Vasiliev's) and both are excellent - but Korvpressor is a polar opposite in the sense that there's literally nothing to "mess up": a few swipes and pinches and whatever you're running through it either sounds good or not.

Using the Bypass switch to A / B I've yet to run a single thing through that's not vastly improved.
    (and this is why I can't shut up about it : n )

• Just purchased it. and wow is all I've got to say. Everything sounds better. Feels like cheating.

• @Proppa said:
    Just to wax on further the glory of this one: After running this on iOS and loving it I found myself wishing that there was also an AU version for the desktop and discovered that indeed there is one - I was digesting the $40 price tag while leaning into the Buy button and was met with half-off-till-July $20 greatness.

Take My Money Klevgrand wizards and Please make more magic.

Just buy musicIO and you won't have to buy apps twice.

• Nadav musicIO looks super good and thanks. Coming late to the Klevgrand party (me that is) I'm so thankful for their stuff that buying twice feels right.

• @gsm909 said:
    Thanks , almost like dadalife.com vst 'sausage fattener'.

Which is fun, because Korv= Sausage, so it's a wordplay with Korv and compressor. Typical Swedish. Or was it meatballs? Anyhow, great UI, and looks very powerful!

• @Segerfalk there's a little footnote re: the Sausage translation on the Klevgrand site -- love it.

Can't Wait to run SidTracker64 through Korvpressor which suddenly feels like a very Swedish thing to do : n )

• I shouldn't read these threads. Makes me want to press a wurst as well ;) Awesome UI like all their apps...

• @Peanutcram said:
    I shouldn't read these threads. Makes me want to press a wurst as well ;) Awesome UI like all their apps...

If I'm working as an engineer for another band, the responsibility for brilliance pretty much rests on their shoulders. I think I'm pretty good, but I'm not good enough to turn a trout into a sausage, or the other way around. (Steve Albini)

• What a great interface this app has. I’m really pleased with it, sausage references notwithstanding.

• Mmmm...trout sausage!

• Has anyone else tried this with auria? It's not working for me as either IAA insert or through audiobus. I'm on 7.1.3, don't know if that's the issue. I heard about this listening to sonic talk today and the videos looked cool. Not sure what the issue is. Caramel also seemed to freeze things up, just happened to be what I hit in the list to try somethign else for freezing. If it's a no go I guess I'll let the dev know.

• Just bought Roverb few days ago and must say it also has a very nice sounding and good looking interface.

• Had a look at the desktop vst demo, very easy to use...ipad version is on my wish list for a rainy day

• edited June 2015

@mrufino1: I'm on iOSv7.1.2 (not sure where you got 7.1.3 - did I miss it?) and it's fine for me with both IAA and AB.