Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMaschine Quirk

For the last week I've tried to download the free quantum collection. it was ok on myipad3 until I upgraded to1.2.1 I deleted the app & re downloaded,same problem (Please try again later!) then I downloaded onto my ipad air2, same result. Funny thing is the restore iaps worked ok. Anyone else had this painful result or am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Tnx

Comments

• Please try later is all I ever get too.

• Ditto.

Re-loaded this yesterday after the forum chatter....deleted it again.

• Have to admit this is on my delete list too. Pretty useless without a step sequencer.

• @monzo said:
    Have to admit this is on my delete list too. Pretty useless without a step sequencer.

I deleted this &*#@ long time ago and paid full price. LOL Total bummer if you owned the hardware maschine.

• You guys expect too much from these wonderful cheap apps.

• edited May 2015

@soundklinik said:
    I deleted this &*#@ long time ago and paid full price. LOL Total bummer if you owned the hardware maschine.

I do.

@firejan82 said:
    You guys expect too much from these wonderful cheap apps.

Not really. I've never complained about iMaschine, in fact if you search the forum you'll see I've defended it and bigged it up. I'm not really complaining now either - it was cheap and I've had a few minutes fun with it so I don't begrudge whatever it was that it cost to buy. I've never used it in a track though, and it's tricky creating a sequence using the pads so as I'm not using it I might as well free up some space.

Problem is over the years you start accumulating a whole bunch of cheap apps that you never use, and suddenly you realise you've actually spent quite a lot of money on them.

If anything it's more disappointment in the case of iMaschine - with a step sequencer and a few tweaks it could be a wonderful thing but like so many apps I buy, the developers seem to lose interest after the initial release. I'd have happily paid more money for more features. Compared to what they can do with desktop software is pretty hopeless. They're capable of so much more.

• edited May 2015

@monzo well I guess at least you're not expecting it to be as good as the hardware that cost 100 times as much and doesn't fit in your pocket.

• edited May 2015

fun is all I need to appreciate an app that cost so little

and iMaschine was fun when it came out 4 years ago before all the updates

• @firejan82 said:
    monzo well I guess at least you're not expecting it to be as good the hardware that cost 100 times as much and doesn't fit in your pocket.

No, but I wouldn't complain if they put a bit more effort into it and produced something with more potential for serious music making. Korg make them look like a bunch of sillies.

I think Maschine Micro cost me just over £200 - very good value considering the stacks of excellent software you get, and a top quality hardware controller.

• Korg make them look like a bunch of sillies.

Technical input of the week and precisely so etc.

• I get a lot of usage out of imaschine then transfer over thing over to maschine, also test out the sound banks to see what I like, would love to see a step sequencer and be able to build barebone tracks for transfer. One thing that would be cool is if they included the ability for imaschine to control the software on desktop for registered users, so I could keep my setup nice and portable. Only problem I've had with iap's is the ones I've purchased not showing up as installed but being in the drum kit lists, can still use them, this happened when I was setting up my air 2.

• @firejan82 said:
    You guys expect too much from these wonderful cheap apps.

Are U being sarcastic? I don't see anything wonderful about an app that is so limited it's pathetic.
    After all it is software, NI can add lots more features if they wanted to...
    I am sick of collecting cheap apps that take up precious room on my 12GB pad

• @soundklinik said:
    Are U being sarcastic?

No, not at all

@soundklinik said:
    I am sick of collecting cheap apps that take up precious room on my 12GB pad

Well, then don't! Save the precious space on your 12GB pad.

• Irrespective of price we have lots of choices and, as is human nature, we are destined to make them :)

• @mister_rz said:
    . One thing that would be cool is if they included the ability for imaschine to control the software on desktop for registered users, so I could keep my setup nice and portable.

The (free!) Logic app is brilliant for that - it lets you play synths, control mix faders etc. with no lab at all.

• @monzo said:
    The (free!) Logic app is brilliant for that - it lets you play synths, control mix faders etc. with no lab at all.

That controller app does indeed look fantastic, especially the instrument control, but I only have logic 9 and with garageband, it had this annoying loop that would go to connect then disconnect repeatedly, think it's better with the last update, but I updated garageband on my lappy too, now that crashes, so I haven't used it much, sod's law. But something like that would be great for maschine, especially if it had expressive instrument control, got quite a few ni synths, I'd use it a lot more.

• I'm weirdly productive with this app.

A few factors that might explain: I've been lucky to not have any issues -- probably my most stable, straightforward music app experience; the lack of midi grid forces me into triggering pads manually, using more of my ear and feel, inducing a kind of stripped-down hardware experience in terms of manual execution; I get a lot from the live playing velocity strip and note repeat; top-notch quality of NI sounds -- I've picked up all of the expansions; no serious menu-diving; easy to switch from keyboard to pads to audio to one shot mode, etc.; there's a mute group; it's easy to double and halve patterns, undo, mute, etc; and I have the desktop version, so I can transfer the projects for more development.

But at best, it's still just a sketch app, and we have enough of those on iOS.

• what we really need is somebody to get interesting with the beat machine apps like hermutt Lobby is doing with 'playground', but really take the potential of the app to it's logical conclusion.... imagine Playground with sample import, sample slicing/editing, a good file management system and some dope efx plus add to that the midi controlling features that beat surfing has to the app so that you could use it in that capacity with other apps on iOS and outside of the iPad like ableton....... these are just obvious conclusions that many of todays beat makers would come to and for those kind of musicians an app like that would be a no brainer to purchase...I'd be willing to spend 20bucks on that kind of app that wasn't limited.