Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FM4: audio problem with newest version, iPad 2, iOS v7.1.2

FM4 version 1.2, running on clean iPad 2 with iOS 7.1.2 (no other apps in background). Notice that the default "Running Man" patch quickly runs into problems. Other patches, such as the adjacent one, work ok, but switching directly back to "Running Man" leads to the same mess. However, switching to a patch in another bank and then switching back to "Running Man" works fine.

Comments

• Think that's a question for the dev to answer. Has it been asked?

• Hey, guy who posted the other FM4 glitch thread here. This is the same sound issue I've been facing - according to the dev, it is most likely CPU related - OP, see if you can replicate the glitch by playing another patch and turning up the release on the operators; I found when I was having this problem that almost any patch would eventually glitch out like this if played quickly. Deleting and reinstalling the app has temporarily helped me, although the problem has strangely come back within a few days every time. Interesting that you're having this problem on iOS 7.1, though - i had personally been blaming my issues on my upgrade to 8.3. Definitely strange, since the app worked great for me in version 1.0.

• edited May 2015

@Raised_Eyebrows said:
    Hey, guy who posted the other FM4 glitch thread here. This is the same sound issue I've been facing - according to the dev, it is most likely CPU related

That makes sense, at one level: I don't have this same problem when loading the default patch on my iPad Air (also iOS 7.1.2). What doesn't make sense is that the "Running Man" patch WILL work later in the session if I go back to it.

I assumed the dev would be reading this forum, but I've just sent them a note through their website.

• Dev responded back very quickly: "Sorry for the inconvenience with the FM4 update! We have just now become aware of this and are looking into it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention and describing the issue so thoroughly!"

• Same issue for me as well . IOS 7.12 ipad 2...nothing else running. Delete and reinstall works for awhile, though the glitch reappears eventually in running man and others. Annoying....at best! Hope developer figures it out.

• Same here, iPad4 iOS 7.1.2. Same workaround, so no much problem for me since when back to preset everything work fine.

• The developer seems to be active in the iPad Musician group on FB. I'm sure he wants nothing more right now than to fix this.

• I've noticed as well that is the Arp wich is involved. If you turn it off (Mode 0), no glitches.

If Rate equal or under 3 no glitches at all, no matters the value for Mode or Range.

• It seems to be working ok on my Air2 8.3, but for those who have the problem, maybe this will help.
    Primal Audio tweeted:
    @primalaudio: A temporary fix for the users who experience crackling noise with FM4 v.1.2: http://t.co/hvf6oH2XHz

• V1.2.1 available in the AppStore fixes the crackling problems

• Really impressive work from Primal -- makes me eager for their next product, whatever that turns out to be.

• Thanks. Great app.