Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Headphones recommendation...

What kind of headphones and type do you people use? In ear, closed, etc...

I need new headphones, and I was wondering if anyone can recommend something good:

1) comfortable for hours of use, important with decent sound

2) good frequency response, 20-20k

3) hi efficiency, minimum 110db spl.

And hopefully under 100€
I was looking at Akg k511 or similar, but I'm not sure
Thanks for input

Comments

• I just ordered a pair of audio-technics ATH M-30x's for $69. Haven't gotten them yet though.

• +1 for audio-technica. Go for the M-50's

• Audio-Technica ATH-M50x , are more expensive, But I loooooooooove em. They sound Boss. :)

• Sony MDR-7506. Solid, comfortable, great sound quality, used for monitoring besides speakers.

• Love my sennheiser hd 280 pros. Listened to a bunch of cans one day and these, at $99,USD, could not be touched without spending at least $50 USD more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I vouch for both the Audio Technica ATH-M50x and the Sony MDR-7506. Also the Focal Spirit Professional but that is a different investment level.

• I have the Sony - MDR-V6 - I like them.

• Sony - MDR-V6. Sound great to me too. amazon US had them for $55 a while ago

Another surprising factor to me was how much better headphones sound when powered thru an audio interface. I use the focusrite 2i2

• Vote for HD 280 Pro and MDR 7506 both. Have one at work, other at home. MDrs are a bit more comfortable for long sessions.

• Nadav said:
    +1 for audio-technica. Go for the M-50's

I was gonna get the m50's but I'm on a budget. The cans I'm using now are some generic yamahas, so I'm thinking the 30's will still be an improvement.
    I have some nice KRK Rocket near field monitors to check it with, most of my work has to be done fairly quietly though, which is one reason I'm doing music into an iPad to start with.

• edited May 2015

Thanks a lot everybody, .....off investigating and comparing

• You might want to take a look at these...

Samson SR950

Bargain at around £40 considering they have beaten my sennheisers, sony's & grado's in terms of comfort & sound quality. Build quality is not 'delux' but solid, light weight & comfortable, very nice clean & flat response for monitoring & mixing.

• edited May 2015

DT-770 Pro. Slightly more than 100 bucks but worth every penny. I can wear them for hours without discomfort and the sound is superb. Built-quality is super solid. I'm using the 32 ohm variant, better for mobile devices, but the most common are the 80 ohm's, I think.

• I have Audio Technica ATH-M50x, they are amazing!

• I use krk kns-8400, very happy apart from the mare finding replacement ear pads.

• Fit and comfort are extremely important in my view. I'd recommend going to a place that has a lot of different models to try out. Depending on head size / dimensions, one model may suit one person but not another.
    I've had HD280s and had to get rid of them for that reason (head-clampers !).

• edited May 2015

Shure 440 should be slightly below 100€ now and might be worth a look. They have excellent mid-high's, personally feel they could use slightly more lower end (this might obviously be a personal preference tho, "flat" response or not). Some complain about them starting to hurt the top of your head after a while, and I get the same thing, some others don't get it (but they do lack a bit of padding here for sure).

• I have a very cheap but excellent BeyerDynamic DT-235 (~$50). Aiming for something slightly high-end, one day. Maybe Audio-Technica M-50x.

• edited May 2015

I have a pair of MDR-V7 (1990), so I'm in the Sony club.

The life of their earpads are really short, but there are clone replacements in Amazon.s

• I am kind of sold on the Sony MDR-7506... really good reviews except... "watch out for FAKES"

....thanks a lot everybody :-)

• My two headphones are the Sony MDR-7506 and the AKG K240 MKII. I recommend both.

• I think it's worth considering two classes of headphones - ones that are comfortable, inexpensive and can be driven by the iPad headphone jack alone. Great for extended couch/mobile sessions. Then there are your serious cans driven by the audio interface in your iPad studio rig.

I use AKG 240s for guitar/bass tracking and Beyerdynamics DT150 closed ear for vocals in the studio. My cats meow louder than any of these when plugged directly into the iPad because they're high impedance. For couch sessions I love my $20 AKG K44s. Nice, loud, clear, light on bass, but if you spend enough time with your cheap phones you start to "learn" them, so I can get things dialed in pretty well before I even fire up my studio monitors.

All of the Sci-Fi tracks and the Police tribute songs I've recently posted were mixed/semi-mastered purely with my K44s. On the couch. Eventually all will be mastered with monitors for final release. FWIW :)

• @Earsinn said:
    DT-770 Pro. Slightly more than 100 bucks but worth every penny. I can wear them for hours without discomfort and the sound is superb. Built-quality is super solid. I'm using the 32 ohm variant, better for mobile devices, but the most common are the 80 ohm's, I think.

I use 880's and love them.

For DJ'ing, Sennheiser HD25-1 II's, love these too

• Beats are good! LOL especially the red ones!

Just kidding M50's for me. Got mine for 90 euro.

• @eustressor said:
    My cats meow louder than any of these when plugged directly into the iPad because they're high impedance.

Not heard of this studio trick before..

• @Jocphone said:
    Not heard of this studio trick before..

Yeah, cats are low current, high voltage.

• edited May 2015

Great thread. It's good to hear what people are using because your production headphones should be different than not to clour the sound. I'm in the market to buy a pair because I don't have a place for speakers in the house.

• I had some sony mdr ones for 10 years, just switched recently to Sony mdr7510 . Was suprised how long took my brain to adjust to new headphones. I like them now used to them and old headphones sound poor in comparrison. When i first got them i thought new ones sounded muddy, now i think old ones sound tinny.

• @RedSkyLullaby They must have done their job because your album Burst had a very good mix.

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    I had some sony mdr ones for 10 years, just switched recently to Sony mdr7510 . Was suprised how long took my brain to adjust to new headphones. I like them now used to them and old headphones sound poor in comparrison. When i first got them i thought new ones sounded muddy, now i think old ones sound tinny.

Agree with this....rarely seem happy with new phones until they become the Number One Wife and then nothing else will do until next time....