Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video Demo of Vio..this needs to get sorted and get on the Bus properly..

A fun look at the fun app Vio..which is a kind of vocoder thing for people who can already sing a bit...which as you hear I can't...but it is a great app and pushing this through some FX you could do some very cool and interesting things.

Comments

• Hey,you did a great job on this one!Until now I've only played around with it like you did.
    But if it was on the bus and you have a clean vocal track with good intonation,I think it could
    really be an interesting addition.It should be in the effects slot though.
    Keep on singing!
    Christian

• Ha thanks man...it appears in my input slot in Audiobus so I,m pretty sur the dev is working to get this sorted....and yeah it would be very useful as an effect..never even thought of that...

• edited April 2013

Oh yeah imagine running you drums through it..

• Great video @thesoundtestroom, as are all of your vids! This one seems like a lot of fun. Can you tweak any of the settings, turn off auto tune? Or is it just presets. Either way I think I have to have it.

• @Bootsy (haven't watched the vid yet so don't know if its mentioned) it has 10 or so modes and each mode are basically different effects, you drag around the screen and the "settings" change in different areas, you can also pinch ("to-zoom") on the screen in or out and it will change each effect a little. It's def worth the cheap entry fee and under settings for iPad you can turn on a somewhat more advanced mode giving access to more features inside the app

• @JMSexton. Thank you for the info. I pulled the trigger on it! It looks pretty cool and sound cool too! Hopefully I can figure out where to use it. Or it'll be just another app to play around with..

• Def get some cool sounds out of it, even if you just paste those sounds in another app to tweak some more. Doesn't necessarily have to be lyrics, one demo video I watched show some pone beatbox into it. Three things to keep in mind; make sure you switch to advanced mode under your system settings (not the app itself) so you have the extra stuff, make sure to drag the little dot around the screen and make sure to pinch-in/pinch-out to reach the different layers of each mode

• edited April 2013

You can also paste into it I believe , and copy out

• Do you believe in life after love?

• Thanks JM I didn't even know about advanced settings.

• They re submitting the audiobus update today.Only input.Great app

• Allows you to change Key, Scale, and Tempo and some graphic stuff I think

• @thesoundtestroom did you know about the pinch-to-change feature, it doesn't Change presets, but rather seems to slightly change settings of each preset giving each preset like 4 different sounds and the color of the screen graphics change when you do it (green, purple, blue, and some other color). Didn't see you do it in the video so wasn't sure if you knew

• Really fun video! Looks like a fun app too so just downloaded it :)