Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget crashing when Auria open

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I'm getting constant crashes in Gadget when I open Auria. If Gadgets open, I then launch Auria and go back to Gadget there's a short burst of white noise and it disappears from the screen. It's still open, but every time I select it, it shuts. I can use them together, but I have to select the right opening sequence to get keep Gadget from crashing. Interested to hear if anyone else is getting this.

Comments

• edited May 2015

It's not just you. I get that, too. Running Auria seems to mess up other apps in some circumstances. Found this out trying to figure out my MIDI sync problems with Auria. I can repro the problem 100% on both the LOWEST spec iPad Mini and an Air 2.

• @Diode108 said:
    It's not just you. I get that, too. Running Auria seems to mess up other apps in some circumstances. Found this out trying to figure out my MIDI sync problems with Auria. I can repro the problem 100% on both the LOWEST spec iPad Mini and an Air 2.

Thanks for the confirmation - I'm on an Air 2 with no other apps open. I can get the two working together, as long as I open them in a certain sequence. Similar story with a lot of apps using Audiobus too - iFretless is particularly sensitive.

• @monzo said:
    Thanks for the confirmation - I'm on an Air 2 with no other apps open. I can get the two working together, as long as I open them in a certain sequence. Similar story with a lot of apps using Audiobus too - iFretless is particularly sensitive.

Confirmed young Skywalker.

• Is this a 8.3 thing

• @knewspeak said:
    Is this a 8.3 thing

Not sure, but both my iPads are indeed 8.3.

• I've always had this (ios7 and 8). They are totally incompatible for me. Instant Gadget crash.

Would love to know the sequence to have them run together.

• Indeed, i seems to have also lots of crashes since iOS 8.3 when switching inside the multitasking. I really don't want to be so negativ but...... ah..... all will be fine :D

• iOS 9 is supposed to be focused on stability and optimization (so I have read in the press) rather than new features. If true, seems like a good move.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    I've always had this (ios7 and 8). They are totally incompatible for me. Instant Gadget crash.

I'll make a note of it next time I get it to work :) Maybe this is why the audio I recorded from Gadget didn't sound so good...

• @Cinebient - yep... switching apps does weird things now in iOS8 (.3).

Gadget cuts out momentarily... same for other apps. Makes the iPad a tricky platform for live use now, i'd have thought.

This works: open Gadget, then Auria. While you're in Auria add Gadget as IAA. You can then switch between the two without any crashes.

• Ah, thanks. I've never added Gadget as an IAA (never had the need)... I'll try that.

How do you add Gadget as an IAA - is it as an "Effect"?

• I got headache...... well, time for a beer ; )

Ah, thanks. I've never added Gadget as an IAA (never had the need)... I'll try that.

How do you add Gadget as an IAA - is it as an "Effect"?

Yeah, you (bizarrely) click the FX button on the track you want to record on, and then find it in the app list. At least that's how I do it, I could be doing it wrong though.

• No, I seem to remember reading that that was the only way to do it...