Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Singer Songwriters

I'm an expat in China and the community is pretty rife with musicians and I'm always promoting the iPad as a tool, especially since my God, AudioBus started hearing my prayers. I love dabbling in electronic and synth sounds but I'm wondering how many singer/songwriters here are expanding on their craft thanks to AB... I know we ALL are but, I'm more curious about the fellow musicians who usually work with a guitar and/or piano but now find themselves adding all these enormous layers thanks to the creative freedom of AB.

Comments

• Well I only used the guitar and singing till I discovered iOS. But that braught a change in direction. i always wanted to make electronic stuff in the tradition of Klaus Schulze, Jarre and Tangerine Dream and the iPad gave me the possibilities. So you won't find much singing-songwriting in my iOS stuff, but my roots are people like Neil Young (who did some interesting electronic stuff also....though it seems noone except me likes "Trans"). That may be the reason why my tracks are a little different than the tracks that come from those who were electronica artists right from the start. Maybe someday I'll try to do something rooted in both worlds, but at the moemnt I'm more interested in connecting ethnic singing with electronic sounds.

• I'm an old 4-track cassette guitar player and if you look at the other posts (like appaholic) you see a lot of us in the middle of getting comfortable with a new environment in audiobus. All in one ipad orchestras are new to all of us. I for one have always written songs on my guitar/piano but now that I've been exposed to app instruments my guitar and piano sound different to me, the writing comfort is gone. So far my new writing app is Soundprism I've done a couple good compositions on that, but I'm still getting comfortable finding roles for all these apps. I may end up writing on guitar again and embellishing with apps, but that might miss the potential songwriting variety these apps could provide......