Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bossjock Studio - first podcasting app on the Bus!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bossjock-studio/id531205021?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

I was wondering when a podcasting app would end up on the Bus. Has anyone used this before? Looks pretty good from the description:

Podcast from iOS, no PC needed.

"...if you podcast on the go, you should adore this app." - AppSafari 4.5/5 Stars

"My Best in Show" - Dave Jackson, School of PodCasting .com

"... Makes the show an actual performance, not an edit job."

Podcasters, Voiceover Artists, DJs, this is your app. Life without fan noise is good! bossjock studio makes it easy to create and publish rich audio productions on your iPhone and iPad.

bossjock is not an audio editor or multitrack recorder. Visit our homepage at bossjockstudio.com to see the app in action.

bossjock studio production happens in real time. Grab some good headphones. Load up your soundboard. Fine tune your show notes. Hit record, trigger the mic and go. Recordings are podcast ready, no need for post production.

Features:

• Record your voice while triggering intros/outros, bumpers and background music all on-the-fly.

• Dynamics processing (Compression/Limiting) is automatically applied to the mic and mix for loud, level audio.

• Full VoiceOver compatibility for visually impaired producers.

• Up to 16 Carts on the iPhone 5 and 35 Carts on the iPad duck and fade behind the mic for dynamic sound and smooth transitions.

• Load carts with audio from your Music Library, Dropbox, Wifi, or AudioPaste from other music apps.

• Advanced Cart editing lets you fine tune playback in and out points on a per cart basis as well as Cart color and behaviors including looping, fades, auto-rewind and ducking.

• Audiobus lets you receive live audio from other Audiobus-compatible apps as a Cart or Mic source or use bossjock studio to feed other Audiobus-compatible recording apps. See http://audiob.us for more information.

• Encodes to all your favorite formats – Mp3, m4a, Wav, Aiff with image and description metadata.

• Exports to FTP for Podcasters, Email for Audioboo via BooMail, Dropbox, Soundcloud, Wifi, iTunes Share, and AudioCopy to other apps.

• Works with external mics like the Apogee Mic, IK Multimedia iRig Mic Cast and Blue Mikey (audio tests on bossjockstudio.com).

the bossjocks:
In honor of the "Boss Jocks" who ruled the airwaves in the 60's - bossjock studio is crafted by Libsyn co-founder Dave Mansueto and Ed Filowat, creator of the kilojam audio engine.

Recordings made with bossjock speak for themselves! Listen to it in action on http://bossjockstudio.com

follow us on facebook.com/bossjockapp
and twitter @bossjockapp

Comments

• edited April 2013

Sebastian, didn't you participate in an experiment to stream audio live to Shoutcast using this last month? Is this possible now?

• This is a great podcasting app and Dave is a fantastic person and generally cool guy.

• I've used this and its great, now its on the bus it gets top marks from me. If you are interested in Podcasting then this is the one. Have to say its actually a really good update even without the AB support. It was a user on here who recommened it to me a while back and I think the experiment was actually him using a beta version of an app that supports streaming to shoutcast. I keep missing the broadcasts but it will be epic once I can stream to shoutcast

• Just downloaded this. Very excited. Looks cool.

• here's a link the first podcast i've done with Bossjock. very excited about this. its pretty cool. hope you enjoy. its a definite nod to audiobus and all apps i use. any thoughts on it are appreciated.

• Its on sale $4.99, Does anybody use it much?

I guess my question would be could Podcasts be recorded just as easy using Cubasis or another DAW?

I really like the look of the workflow though.

• Interested in comments here. With another hat on I do record podcasts/interviews etc and currently use a mixture of iOS apps and a little Audition successfully enough. BUT if this is something designed for the purpose I would be keen to hear anyone's view/thoughts on the why or the what of it...

• @PCRV said:

here's a link the first podcast i've done with Bossjock. very excited about this. its pretty cool. hope you enjoy. its a definite nod to audiobus and all apps i use. any thoughts on it are appreciated.

Went to listen but says it's unavailable? :/

• Had my eye on this too, thinking of trying it out with http://koalasan.net which is also on the bus and supports icecast and shoutcast streaming, might just give it a try as my xp machine I use for streaming is getting a bit long in the tooth.

• I have it now, it has been assimilated into the vast borg of my expenditure. Cute, well thought out app. Probably better for pretending to be (or being) a jock. I don't tend to do my work live, it's all pre-recorded on demand stuff over here, but this might still be fun.

• @gmslayton

I guess my question would be could Podcasts be recorded just as easy using Cubasis or another DAW?

I have it and have not used it much . The cool thing about it is it has these carts /pads that you load with bumper music or sound effects or. all those quirky things you hear on radio for there different segments , then it has a ducking feature which is nice so when your music or audio is playing when you speak it lowers the background audio ....anyway to answer your question. This thing is great for podcasting or as Johnny said pretending to be a jock .

• Is "live" the only manner this can be used? I thought this is AB compatible, and if so, can you record the output? I'm thinking this could be a good fit for YT vids....collect all the audio, then sync to the vid.

• @funjunkie27 Very certainly exportable sir. Choice of mp3, m4a, wav, aiff and then mono or stereo. Options are: Email, FTP, Audiocopy, Open in, Soundcloud, Dropbox, iTunes .

• Cool...thanks JGY.