Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 8.3 out!

Comments

• I can confirm that iOS 8.3 finally fixes the CPU issues we've been seeing related to scrolling in Auria

• @WaveMachineLabs said:
    I can confirm that iOS 8.3 finally fixes the CPU issues we've been seeing related to scrolling in Auria

W00t. That's got to feel good. On with MIDI!

• @Marcel said:
    updated to 8.3 , have air 2. Just did some things and I experienced that in Audiobus with Garageband in the output slot, the Audiobus sidebar in Garageband doesn't respond. Its there, but its frozen. If I put Multitrack Daw in the output slot the sidebar does function as it should.

Tried on audiobus 2.1.11, in iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3 GarageBand audiobus sidebar its working fine here, i can record without problems too.

LF1 monosynth its not working for me on audiobus, but i have no idea if its iOS 8.3 or audiobus 2.1.11 or my iPad model or if the app was not working before.

Glitches caused by the issue described here:

http://masterpieceedition.tumblr.com/post/110236085613/errands-2#notes

Seem to be fixed by iOS 8.3 in at least gadget, auria and audiobus.

Issues related to inter app audio like the inter app audio buzz and others listed on the iOS 8 bug list on the forum are still there.

• @MusicInclusive said:
    The Auria scroll bug was primarily (only?) with the Air 2. I'd like to hear from folks who are using other than Gadget if 8.3 fixes any other glitchiness in more complex Audiobus chains that you might have been experiencing. Do tell if so.

I'm currently running Audiobus chains that, whilst seemingly simple, were previously guaranteed to cause glitchiness on my Air 2. No glitches so far; I've also just lowered the latency control to 128 frames and it's not complained. Definitely a massive improvement :)

• Apparently, as reported elsewhere, there are issues with IAA and (at least) Audioshare. Anyone else seen any IAA issues?

• Thanks @Vecoto

Anyone else seen any improvement on older devices like an iPad 2 or a mini original like that?

(The IAA issue I mentioned of course may be a complete killer in any case though)

• edited April 2015

Isem opens fine with wifi on. When wifi off and in airplane mode isem sticks at boot screen??.
    Scrap that, it's my Jamstik wifi that causes it.

• WOW !

I almost can't believe, my midi keyboard now works under iOS 8.3!
    They DID FIX IT!
    :)
    awesome update for that fix alone! :)

• @MusicInclusive said:
    Apparently, as reported elsewhere, there are issues with IAA and (at least) Audioshare. Anyone else seen any IAA issues?

what exactly are those issues?

• After another reboot GarageBand working for me again. Everything generally seems faster and more stable - very glad I went for the Air 2 now!

• @MusicInclusive Ran a suite of tests using IAA and Audioshare with a suite of apps where there had been problems. The experience was faultless. The one exception was Animoog which seems to fall over at every turn but I am inclined to think it an Animoog problem at this point. I ran a subset of tests with Auria and again, combinations that had been problematic ran flawlessly. Module, which always crashed when initiated from Audioshare and Auria performed with no problems. This release seems a marked improvement so far.

• Definite improvements all round, am on mini retina and can now put latency back to 128 and get much better performance. I still get some audiobus errors and glitches sometimes on more complex chains, like the audio buzz error but the key difference now is that I can boot off the offending app and I don't have to restart, which is much better workflow. Feels like iOS is getting it's mojo back.

• @Marcel said:
    I can't record into Multitrack Daw (in the output slot of Audiobus, or as standalone). I have Air 2 with iOS 8.3

Works like a charm for me.

• edited April 2015

....hmm, I still have the same issues: I can't record into Multitrack Daw and the Audiobus sidebar is frozen in Garageband.

• edited April 2015

PPG wavegenerator not working with Auria IAA recording under ios 8.3 iPad Air 1.

PPG always works well with Cubasis IAA

• @Marcel said:
    ....hmm, I still have the same issues: I can't record into Multitrack Daw and the Audiobus sidebar is frozen in Garageband.

Correction: I can record into Multitrack Daw but I don't hear it while I record: Drumloops HD in input slot, Multitrack in output slot, press record, I don't hear the drums, I stop the recording and I can play back the recording and hear it, it has recorded. Hmm.. I want to hear while I record something.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Trentsongs Interesting. I have an Air1. Maybe this is where the two will begin to really separate. We'll see.

Air 1 was never affected by the scrollview bug.

• @marcel, under menu, do you have input monitor checked? Sometimes it reverts back to unchecked.

• @Crabman said:
    Air 1 was never affected by the scrollview bug.

This has not been my experience, unfortunately.

• edited April 2015

It must be something else then.What exactly is your issue?

• @nick - it was reported by someone else that IAA apps were not showing up at all in Audioshare. I don't have any devices on 8 - all on 7.1.2 - so I can't check this for myself.

• ah, ok. I'll check later if this is the case.

• edited April 2015

IAA apps all showing up in Audioshare and big improvements for running lots of synths in Gadget - on Air and Air2 !

Animoog crashes a lot on Air2, pretty much everything else I've tried (so far) has been fine. I'm well chuffed about Gadget though :)

• @Marcel You'll probably need to enable monitoring in MTD.

• edited April 2015

@Sebastian last night i got a nice shock; no apps appearing in AudioBus! Did a soft and hard reset and still not showing. Any ideas?

I can reinstall it but will i not lose all my presets or do i need to back them up?

• @marcel

"""Correction: I can record into Multitrack Daw but I don't hear it while I record: Drumloops HD in input slot, Multitrack in output slot, press record, I don't hear the drums, I stop the recording and I can play back the recording and hear it, it has recorded. Hmm.. I want to hear while I record something.""""

I've been having this exact problem with MT DAW for quite sometime. Very buggy, no matter how I go about it. Not able to hear IAA or audiobus. I love using MT DAW, but don't anymore because it won't work. I would much rather record into MT DAW and then import to Auria, but I've been recording into Auria, and it's been good.

• @musikmachine said:
    Sebastian last night i got a nice shock; no apps appearing in AudioBus! Did a soft and hard reset and still not showing. Any ideas?

I can reinstall it but will i not lose all my presets or do i need to back them up?

You'll need to back them up. They're not backed up to iCloud automatically. To be totally sure, I'd just share them via the web sharing thing in Audiobus and save the URL.

• No problem here with AudioShare and IAA on an Air [email protected]

• One of the 'features' of IOS 8.3 is that ifunbox (mac) is no longer able to access apps.

• No problem here either with AudioShare, IAA on a mini first gen, 8.3