Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Effectrix Questions

It's me again with some Sugar Byte questions. Effectrix is $9.99.

About Effectrix:

1. I own Turnado. Are their enough differences to justify the $9.99 for Effectrix?

2. What do you use and like about Effectrix?

Thanks again!

Comments

• I have both and they are totally different.The sound is similar but Eefectrix is an FX Sequencer while Turnado is for live playing mainly.I love Effectrix much more because i prefer to have more (sequencer)control over the Fx.And Effectrix fits perfect on the iPad screen while Turnado is very fiddly and a bit confusing if you start edit the FX.One thing i like about Turnado more: the native version for Auria.I really miss that for Effectrix,guess i'll send them a request mail now )

• edited April 2015

^Yep!^

Although, you can Sequence/Automate the Turnado plug-in, via Auria. :)
    A little fiddlier (Fx sequencer) that way, compared to Effectrix, but works.

Live for Turnado is Brill..

When I think of Sugar Bytes, I put them in a place almost like Fabfilter, which is "Got to have them all". (Which I do, iOS-wise) They are great!

If Turnado behaves differently in Auria, it's a little slower to respond (Live) make sure the tempos are the same in both. Greeeeeat!

• Feels (to me) that Effectrix is the big bolder version of the available effects in Egoist. Same sequenced structure/idea.

I agree with the King as regards having them all :)

• @KING777 said:
    ^Yep!^

Although, you can Sequence/Automate the Turnado plug-in, via Auria. :)

Indeed,but the workflow is MUCH different this way,it's not only" a little fiddlier" imo ;-)

Having presets,randomizer,swing,changing grid and measure length on the fly etc...and all of that easy to edit in one single screen.Sync works very well too,even as IAA in Cubasis.

• edited April 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Effectrix is the big bolder version of the available effects in Egoist.

Good point!

An extra bonus for Turnado though, in the fact that in Auria you can have um-teen instances open and running at once. (Well running)

@Crabman, hehe, yeah it can be quite fiddly. But do-able ;) Only pointing out its (Fiddly) possibilities. :-)
    Some peeps like the fiddling lol

I'm wondering if we will see more Sugar Bytes as plug-ins when Auria Pro arrives..

• To each their own of course.For me personally"fiddly"is a real workflow killer and therefore i try to avoid it wherver i can ;-)

• edited April 2015

Ditto! But as you say "To each their own" :-)

@mkell424, have them both. If your into that sort of effect you won't be disappointed. And at these prices. When I got Effetrix after already having Turnado, I said Cool, a sequence-able Turnado, but there's still a lot of difference. In Effectrix also you can put together a sequence, close the app, re-open and it's still there, and of course you can save sequences. (Not with Turnado stand-alone)

Sometimes, (many times) I buy a good app for later. I may not use it straight away, but the price was right.
    And then when I do get around to using it... Well... Wow!

There are apps that I have to say to myself, "Right today it's all about you" (the app). And then spend as much time as possible on it, until I know it well.
    There are apps on my iPad that are still waiting in the wings for that in-depth look/fiddle. Hehe

• Cool thanks for answering my questions. I'm downloading it right now. :)

• Great app! I loaded a baseline through Audio Copy and ran through the presets.

• edited April 2015

Excellent.. :-)

Another good thing about Sugar Bytes, plenty of good presets/starting points.