Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sugar Bytes On Sale! (Till MONDAY)

edited November 2015 in General App Discussion

Another Great app/software developer! :-)

Comments

• edited April 2015

Egoist by Sugar Bytes GmbH
    https://appsto.re/gb/kHjnZ.i

Turnado by Sugar Bytes GmbH
    https://appsto.re/gb/hM0NK.i

Thesys by Sugar Bytes GmbH
    https://appsto.re/gb/HDLeN.i

Effectrix by Sugar Bytes GmbH
    https://appsto.re/gb/9sWOO.i

WOW Filterbox by Sugar Bytes GmbH
    https://appsto.re/gb/YS4VN.i

All until April 9th...

• Effectrix was a disappointment. I've enjoyed Egoist which has worked flawlessly and has a similar effects module. However with Effectrix I get random crackles, etc (not the intended ones) that usually indicate processor overload.

Also the import functionality is outdated - no Audioshare connectivity, and every pasted file is named General Pasteboard (number) with no way to rename that I can see.

Using it as an effect in AB chain is problematic because it requires a midi sync signal to run so you can't for instance process a file from Audioshare. Even with an app that sends sync there seem to be problems. IAA doesn't work either, at least for me.

I'm on an old timey iPad4 running 8.2 - maybe I'm just having bad luck with it, but as I said, Egoist runs like a dream on the same device.

• edited April 2015

Just copied and pasted a sample from 'Audioshare!' to 'Audio copy 2' then into 'Effectrix' no probs, and name included.
    Haven't used Effectrix enough to know about crackles. But the times I have used it it's been fine!

Just got 'Wow' (which completes my Sugar Bytes collection), which is also a plug-in in Auria.

Egoist is great. Turnado is great!

• How does Turnado compare to other multi-fx apps like DFX and Flux:FX?

• edited April 2015

Haven't used DFX or Flux:FX.

But when I first got Turnado about a year ago and opened it up, pressed play, turned a few knobs... I was hooked.
    I thought at the time the only thing missing from it was a way to sequence/automation.. it does this via Auria. So full package when used in conjunction. As a stand alone it is brill too.

There were a few presets that did not work in the Auria version, so I got on to Sugar Bytes, and now they are sorted. (They listen and respond well).

Apps of this nature usually stand by themselves when comparing them to similar apps because they have features others don't, and vice versa.
    If you want to effect, mangle and manipulate some audio, you can do so, and more. It's quite deep so you can have it do what you want it to do via the edit pages.

This is one of those ... 'Bring a :) to your face' ... apps.

Great Stuff! :-)

• Have m all, the're all awesome!

• ^^^^ same here. Turnado over dfx heads down, super solid with midi and lush effects. Dfx crackles when changing values no midi, hopefully gets developed further.

• Turnado is one of the best apps on iOS. Period.

. < plus an extra period!

• Bundle on sale? Link? Can't seem to find it.

• edited April 2015

Their desktop stuff is on sale too, including some stuff not available for iOS.

• edited April 2015

@Coloobar said:
    Bundle on sale? Link? Can't seem to find it.

Doubt if they would have a seperate bundle price.
    And I'm not sure if the price of all the apps now, is cheaper than the bundle was?
    Didn't take that much notice but the apps are cheap cheap in comparison:

Egoist was £22.99 now only £14.99.
    Thesys was £10.99 now only £3.99.
    Turnado and Effectrix were £14-ish.
    WOW was £10.99.

This sale may be your best bundle!...

@1P18, Yep it's a full sale of ALL their products... Up to 68% off some!!

• I sink the bundle has been AWOL since Egoist came out, but just thought I'd ask.

• @Coloobar said:
    I sink the bundle has been AWOL since Egoist came out

And a few desktop apps are still MIA on iOS. :)

• I went for Turnado having heard lots of good things about it here and it does indeed appear to be very good. At £7.99 it rather puts those Launchpad IAP Fx to shame !

Couldn't get my head around Thesys and the desktop demo looked cramped, so I presumed it would be worse on the ipad.

• Would Love to see Guitarist ported over here!

We may have to petition Sugar Bytes to sort out their UI's for all their iOS converts.

• @KING777 said:
    Would Love to see Guitarist ported over here!

And Looperator. Looks like it would be both easier to use and more customizable than Effectrix.

• edited April 2015

:-) Yeah Looperator sounds and does some cool stuff!

Sugar Bytes create some great software!

• Only a couple more days left for these bargains!!!

• On Sale again till Monday!

• I'm doing my usual 'should I buy WOW, even though I've already got Turnado' fence-sitting thing.

• @monzo said:
    I'm doing my usual 'should I buy WOW, even though I've already got Turnado' fence-sitting thing.

Main reason I have Wow is mainly for the collection lol.

I hardly use at the moment, but it's will be used more, soooon..

• @KING777 said:

@monzo said:
    I'm doing my usual 'should I buy WOW, even though I've already got Turnado' fence-sitting thing.

I've been checking to see if I can do similar filter stuff in Turnado. I can, I think, do most if it via the Turnado edit panel but it's a real fiddle. I think it'd be a lot more straightforward in WOW.

• @monzo said:

@KING777 said:

@monzo said:

I've been checking to see if I can do similar filter stuff in Turnado. I can, I think, do most if it via the Turnado edit panel but it's a real fiddle. I think it'd be a lot more straightforward in WOW.

You would most likely find (because it's a dedicated filter etc) that it will do stuff you haven't/wouldn't think of.

• on 8.4.1 ipad air1 I find Effectrix works great in audiobus with Egoist. So i just set up...
    Egoist>effectrix>cubasis and it syncs wonderfully. so I can just drop samples and loops into egoist, chop them or not, pipe them to effectrix and record in cubasis with no problem.

Doesn't work on ipad mini2 with 9.1 though... :confused:

@smeeeth said:
    Effectrix was a disappointment. I've enjoyed Egoist which has worked flawlessly and has a similar effects module. However with Effectrix I get random crackles, etc (not the intended ones) that usually indicate processor overload.

Also the import functionality is outdated - no Audioshare connectivity, and every pasted file is named General Pasteboard (number) with no way to rename that I can see.

Using it as an effect in AB chain is problematic because it requires a midi sync signal to run so you can't for instance process a file from Audioshare. Even with an app that sends sync there seem to be problems. IAA doesn't work either, at least for me.

I'm on an old timey iPad4 running 8.2 - maybe I'm just having bad luck with it, but as I said, Egoist runs like a dream on the same device.

• edited November 2015

@AudioGus said:
    on 8.4.1 ipad air1 I find Effectrix works great in audiobus with Egoist. So i just set up...
    Egoist>effectrix>cubasis and it syncs wonderfully. so I can just drop samples and loops into egoist, chop them or not, pipe them to effectrix and record in cubasis with no problem.

@smeeeth said:
    Effectrix was a disappointment. I've enjoyed Egoist which has worked flawlessly and has a similar effects module. However with Effectrix I get random crackles, etc (not the intended ones) that usually indicate processor overload.

Effectrix had a couple updates (Including Audioshare) since the OP in April.

Hopefully all is well-ish.

• edited November 2015

@AudioGus said:
    on 8.4.1 ipad air1 I find Effectrix works great in audiobus with Egoist. So i just set up...

What doesn't work? The whole setup or Effectrix?

I'm guessing setup.

• @KING777 said:

I'm guessing setup.

yah, the setup. Just dead in the water... Tempted to try it again though... Maybe all of the 'hey can this app talk to this app' ios9 BS bunged up the works. If i reinstall one of the apps maybe i can jump start it somehow.

• @AudioGus said:

@KING777 said:

I'm guessing setup.

yah, the setup. Just dead in the water... Tempted to try it again though... Maybe all of the 'hey can this app talk to this app' ios9 BS bunged up the works. If i reinstall one of the apps maybe i can jump start it somehow.

Yeah, try connecting the + to + and the - to - and see how you get on. ::p