Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

When does the new Auria come out?

I can't wait to try the MIDI sequencing.

Comments

• Me either, Aurias' been criminally underused here and i'm just getting back into it and now can't wait for it to drop but didn't Rim say first quarter?

• Spring question

• I have Cubasis and it's cool, but a lot of people on this board sing the praises of Auria for audio. Especially the plugins.

• edited April 2015

I'm not sure whether to buy the existing Auria or not. I've seen mention of upgrade deals for when the new one comes out, but you never really know what these will be, and as the current Auria is discounted it might not make any difference to the price.

Tricky...I'd like to get my hands on Auria soonish.

• @monzo said:
    I'm not sure whether to buy the existing Auria or not. I've seen mention of upgrade deals for when the new one comes out, but you never really know what these will be, and as the current Auria is discounted it might not make any difference to the price.

I believe this has been answered ;-)

Every day you don't have auria is another day you don't know how to operate it. Then the new version comes and it's less fun because you're learning from scratch.

Knowing auria so far , pricing will be quite fair and even if it was more expensive to upgrade (it won't be) there's no doubt I will not feel robbed. Auria is well worth any price, it was a complete game changer for me.

• @mkell424 said:
    I have Cubasis and it's cool, but a lot of people on this board sing the praises of Auria for audio. Especially the plugins.

Yeah... which is weird because on another forum i frequent people mostly complain about it a lot.

• @monzo said:

I dont know if there will or wont be an upgrade deal on Auria Pro. They might decide to just release it as separate app product which there is nothing wrong with that if they do. The logic behind the iPad apps business model life cycle of you release one product, people pay for it once, and then they get endless updates and upgrades for it is a bit of a burn on the developers. The only other revenue stream the devs can get is in IAPs.

• @telecode101 said:

There is a discount for existing owners. quote from Rim...

Auria Pro will be available Spring 2015 and will be priced at $49.99. Existing Auria users will be able to purchase an in-app upgrade to Auria Pro for a reduced price. Pricing for the standard Auria version will be $24.99.

If you're an existing Auria user, all your purchased plugins will continue to work in Auria Pro.

• @telecode101 I think there's a fairly well-documented trail on this, but time will soon tell.

@monzo it's a front rank product and then, well, fab filters.

• Think I'll get this later today, my Easter treat instead of an egg.

• edited April 2015

@mrufino1 said: "Every day you don't have auria is another day you don't know how to operate it."

True dat!

Having Auria in its current form (Pro-less) is still... 'PRO' quality. It's easy n deep!
    And of course any Daw benefits from plug-ins, ( which makes it even deeeeeeper). Even the great 'Reason' had to bring in their own type.

As for a release date, imminent. We are in spring... so..

One of the only reasons I frequent these forums (AB & Auria) so often, is to see if I can grab a little Auria fix/info. :-)

My straight advice for any iOS audio/sound, musician or other, is, ... Get It!

• Thankfully I have Cubasis for now and it is rock solid for me and from what I have heard of the plugins while good I found them overpriced for what I could hear. I am waiting to do it all at once if I feel the need. Will see what kind of sales and promos pop up. Owning cubasis already and it being so good I am in a position to wait and see which feels good. There are a couple other apps coming I am saving the money for as well.

• edited April 2015

Have the best, it's good for you! If better comes, have that too! Hehe :-)

• Yup kind of how I see it. If I ever feel the need for Auria I will definately get it . Maybe the new synth will be enough to get me to switch, but I have a lot of them already so maybe not. Looking forward to new videos when it comes out though! For now I will stick with the best for me until I see the need for it.

• The Fab filters are expensive in the ios world. But, then I go check out the prices if I would want to add them to Reaper, and then I know how good a deal the ios versions are. Fully functional. And full of Fab.

I would like Auria Pro like Yesterday. But, I am sure that the wait is that Rim is working on ironing out all the bugs he possibly can before release. And for that, I am understanding, and trying to be patient, but lets face it, I am not a patient person. ;).

I'd be more concerned if it was Positive Grid. (Who make exceptional products), but seem to be really dead set on coming out with new apps, and products, instead of perfecting what they have out. Wave Machines, they have Auria, and Drumagog.

• I wonder if this means Auria Lite will cease.

• The inevitable question before I spend nineteen pounds, does the current version work ok on an Air 2/iOS 8 combo?

• Any word on iOS7 compatibility? Or memory usage? I'm hoping 1G of RAM isn't going be too limiting.

• @Martygras said:
    I wonder if this means Auria Lite will cease.

Don't quote me on it, but I have a feeling it will. And the current version will become the lite. Not so much in name but in features.

• @Tritonman said:
    Thankfully I have Cubasis for now and it is rock solid for me and from what I have heard of the plugins while good I found them overpriced for what I could hear. I am waiting to do it all at once if I feel the need. Will see what kind of sales and promos pop up. Owning cubasis already and it being so good I am in a position to wait and see which feels good. There are a couple other apps coming I am saving the money for as well.

It's ridicolous how one can find roundabout a buck for per fx too expensive.

• You can do pro mixes in auria if you have mixing skill. That's the part I'm working on (forever). The built in effects are great, the plugins are even more great.

If you are doing mostly midi sequencing of apps (synths, etc) you may not see a difference as much in auria vs other platforms because it is easy to program exactly the sounds you want in the synths themselves, choose different drum samples, etc.

If you have good outboard hardware and can eq and compress, if needed, on the way in, then likewise. And definitely taking the time to get the guitar sounds you want, etc will make mixing easier, where GarageBand on iOS would still work fine.

It's when you need to do other things in your mix where you see auria start to shine. Also, it acts very much in the tape machine/ mixing board paradigm so if you came from that you would feel very comfortable in auria.

With the additional routing possibilities in auria pro it will allow more options such as easier parallel processing, eq'ing effects sends and returns, etc. Those have their uses for sure.

Still, if the song sucks, GarageBand, gadget, multitrack studio, fabfilter, etc. wont make a difference. And if you had a mix in GarageBand that was awful, as in parts stepping on each other, ear piercing guitar sounds, etcetera, auria won't salvage that either. You need older programs such as "try another take," "music theory 101," and "practice your instrument." Good news is that those programs work on any os... ;-)

• @mrufino1 nice summary, thanks

• The mixing and automation tools Auria has are selling it to me - to be honest I'm not that bothered about the forthcoming midi stuff. What would people recommend as essential plugins? I notice it comes with a couple but keep hearing about Fabfilters - I've seen Doug's demo of Saturn and Volcano and they look pretty tasty. Any recommendations and guides to prices?

• Pro-Q and Pro-L.

• pro-q for sure. I also think micro warmer is an essential. When I remember to use it pro-c is quite good, and if you want to do side chain compression it's essential.

As for pro-L, I hear it's very good but I don't have it. Tarekith mastered one of my songs though and a limiter in his hands will get you a lot farther than one in my hands. If I just need to "make it loud for reference" the built in limiter is enough for me. That being said, if fabfilter had a sale again I'd probably buy pro-L.

I love old timer and fxpansion channel comp as well, for different reasons. Old timer is almost impossible to make sound bad (and very few knobs with which to screw up), and chan comp has some very cool sound options with the "bias" and "mix" knobs. But not essentials, just cool tools if you have them.

• Oh, and the built in delay is pretty limited, so while it works fine, if you want different times in each channel, you'll need either psp echo or fabfilter timeless. They're different from each other as well, so both would not be redundant. And the built in delay is useful as well. I use it mainly to shrink the stereo field at times on parts (drum oh for example if I have a stereo track) and for haas delays.

• @Tarekith @mrufino1

Thanks - I'll check those out! To be honest I'll mainly use Auria for recording audio straight in via my own effects. If I give myself too many options for after-recording tweaks and twiddling then I'll never get anything finished!

• My main interest in Auria Pro is to create tracks on the go and a possible future POC (Proof of Concept) all iPad EP. The fabfilter plugins are top notch but as I have them for Mac the only real incentive to get them on iPad is if they went on sale. For that matter as Auria allows routing to FX apps via IAA there is a very good chance you could pick up some pretty outstanding FX apps for considerably cheaper than the fabfilter ones and use those. It's interesting...Price structure for iOS apps. Obviously fabfilter iOS apps are a bargain compared to their desktop apps. On the other hand you have developers who can make some pretty outstanding FX apps and offer them for under $10, not to mention sales that makes them even more of a bargain. Then there is the consideration of how developers of desktop synths, drum machines, FX apps, etc. may be undercutting their revenue by having the same quality apps in iOS form for considerably cheaper prices. I'm sure that's why some developers of soft synths etc. are staying out of the iOS arena.

• edited April 2015

I think it should be June, Waiting for Twin 2 free! Rim only said It won't be another three month!

• @Holiday

Thanks for the info - yes I already have a big bunch of effects so hopefully I can use them within Auria - I noticed Turnado in the list during Doug's video so that's pretty handy. The Fabfilters seem to offer a bit extra though, so I doubt I'll be able to resist for long...at least until after I've got over the shock of oaying for Auria.