Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Top Paid iPad Music Apps — Akai’s Synthstation

I notice in iTunes the little list of Top Paid iPad Music Apps is featuring Akai’s Synthstation right now. Has it suddenly started working properly and become good? It was one of the first music apps I bought, about the same time as I got iMS-20, years ago. In the intervening years it simply stopped working. Quite why it was never fixed or maintained is utterly unfathomable. Now it works occasionally but more often not, and now that it sometimes works, it’s noticeable that it doesn’t integrate into how the other music apps work. There must be some reason it’s selling so well right now though, to be in that featured list.

Comments

• Spanish iTunes paid list shows it at 106th position. Nothing can't beat (sic) Disney Karaoke: Frozen.