Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any drum/DAW apps that have side chain compression and human feel/groove template/off grid feature?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Sidechain Compression -
    Tabletop with the PRSSR device (IAP), Beatmaker 2, MultitrackStudio with the Extension Pack (IAP) Dynamics, Auria(no midi yet) with Pro-C (IAP)

I don't think there's groove templates (there will be in Auria Pro) but you can turn of the quantization/snap to grid in Tabletop, MTS and Auria. I don't know how to turn it off in BM2 I probably just can't find it

• I forgot Caustic it has sidechain compression and there is shuffle but I don't know if the grid can be turned off

and iMPC PRO - grid can be turned off and there's a limeted sidechain compression feature where you assign the sidechain input to one or more sounds and those sounds then choke the whole mix a little - I think that's how it works, I haven't used it much.

• edited March 2015

Hey thanks man! Much appreciated!

I'm currently using Ableton but need an ios backup if I have to go the pure iphone/ipad route so your suggestions really helped.

Good to know Auria will have groove templates as I've been really getting into extracting grooves from drummers I like as well as adding grooves to drum parts in Ableton.

Thanks again

EDIT: Wow, Caustic is a beast of an app. I know a lot of the guys on here have raved about it forever but I never had a need for more synths so never seriously looked at it. But since I already have Beatmaker, will give that a go first as Caustic has some limitations. It doesn't have time stretch and I tend to pitch my kicks and samples often. Also, I thought it actually worked with 24 bit samples but it's similar to Beatmaker in that while it can import them, the internal processing makes it 16 bit and exports it as 16 bit. But good to know it has side chain compression.

• Hey no problem. I wonder if there's more I don't know about. It looks like Meteor has a sidechaining compressor IAP from the iTunes Store pics.