Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wub-wub Guitar FX?

I'm always on the lookout for new ways of processing my guitar signal to get non-guitar sounds, and specifically the sort of wub-wub dubstep sounds. I've been trying to come up with an iOS app that would do this [it's a LP-Filter that is tied to a sawtooth or a reversed sawtooth wave] - I bought Birdstepper, but changing the subdivisions of the beat is kind of difficult to get to.
I've been trying to find something that will allow me to create a variable-speed sawtooth-filter effect on my guitar signal. Do you know of something would create an LFO'd Filter wub-wub style effect for an audio signal? I think the Yonac Tonestack Filter Gnome IAP might do this, but I'm not sure.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Don't know how to do it, but I suspect it's the sort of thing that Zed Synth can do.

• Turnado should be able to do this too, if you have the concentration required to design your own LFO-based filter settings in that app. ...no, I haven't done it myself yet. one day!

also, once you set it right, it should be easy to set a BPM-synced LFO rate to be tied to the X-Y control in Turnado for performance.

• Turnado can definitely do this - but I use that at the end if my signal chain to process "everything" and can't run a separate instance just on my Guitar's channel. ;)

I wanted to write to follow up in my own question above - the Tonestack "Filter Gnome" effect (and to a lesser extent the "Overpass") can be tweaked to get the sort of thing I'm looking for.

• Despite the obvious latency issues, MidiMorphosis is pretty awesome. Tons of fun playing wub-wub synths (and also Animoog) with a guitar.

• edited March 2015

@solador78 said:
    Despite the obvious latency issues, MidiMorphosis is pretty awesome. Tons of fun playing wub-wub synths (and also Animoog) with a guitar.

Ya know, i had the worst time trying to use that app. Even with a compressed clean signal I found the note tracking unmanageable. Haven't given the mac version a go yet though...

• I don't know if this will work for you, but it works very well for me, even with a cheap guitar (tuned flat).

Tracking Rate: 85%, Volume Threshold: 75%, MIDI Velocity: 20%, MIDI Sensitivity: 10%

Even Polyphonic patches sound great.

• @boberto said:
    [it's a LP-Filter that is tied to a sawtooth or a reversed sawtooth wave]

And maybe it's not so obvious, but an auto-wah is basically what are you're looking for, but without the synth tones.

Jamup Auto-wah.. Rate: 2 o'clock, Depth: 3 o'clock, Manual: 10 o'clock, Sens: 3 o'clock