Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Interface Forces Buffer Setting in Audiobus?

Just got a Behringer XR18 to try and it forces the buffer setting in Audiobus to 118 frames, no matter if Audiobus is opened first or if the XR18 is plugged in before/after apps are opened, etc.

How is this possible?

Comments

• Sample rate on the XR18 set to something other than 44.1

• Thank you! I actually just stumbled on it too, Rooms! app informed me of the sample rate mismatch. Apparently it defaults to 48k and I am installing the Behringer software on my PC right now to try and change it to 44.1.

But AB recognized all 18 inputs (16 XLR preamps!!!) so at least that is working so far. If I can get this thing working it will be a beast!

• This really does need to change in AB IMO if feasible. There needs to be an option to allow 48k - even if the default remains at 44.1. The issue is particularly important when using such an interface in an aggregate with other interfaces where you want to work at 48k - e.g. for recording a synth or something, but you have to work with the LCD - i.e. 44.1

I understand there may be arguments against doing so - bandwidth in AB chains - but whether it'd affect every use the same way isn't clear. I know I'd prefer to have the option if possible.