Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Exs24 instruments

There's lots of posts on here looking for recommendations for SF2 soundfonts, but I just noticed that the Musk apps will also load EXS24 instrument files and wondered if anyone could recommend any sites with any free Exs24 instruments. Google has loads but I don't have the patience to wade through them all

As an aside I gather that Mainstage now has a built in sampler that will make automatic instruments from your hardware and wonder if anyone has tried that.

Comments

• edited March 2015

Maybe here f.e.....

http://www.logic-cafe.com/lc/index.php/free-downloads/exs24-instruments

Interesting...i didn't know that apps can load ESX24 files... which apps?
    I'm also on my way to create myself some ESX24 instruments from a mix of my fav. iOS apps and my mac tools.

• The Musk ones
    For example

Musk MIDI Keyboard by Dr. Garbers Softwareentwicklung
    https://appsto.re/gb/TV-KU.i

• edited March 2015

Hi,
    Can you explain how to import EXS files into Musk? I understand that the .exs (instrument definition) file has an absolute path to its sample folder embedded in it, so I don't see how to bring in the complete instrument with all its samples. The documentation isn't very helpful.

Thanks for the heads up to this app.

• I've only tried one. But I downloaded it into Ifiles (the one from the app shop) because it needed unzipping then it was just a case of "open in"

It then was in the inbox of MUsk Keyboard and available for use

• Thanks for the help, but I must be doing something wrong, because when I load an exs file all I get is a sine wave. The exs isn't finding the folder with the samples. Is there another exs file format that has the samples embedded? All the ones I have store the samples in separate folders from the exs file.

• Sorry I can't help any further.
    I just went here
    http://www.samplefield.com
    and got the link to the download

After that I downloaded it as I said and it just worked

• Thanks.

• Many times the sample files themselves in an EXS instrument will be tagged with most of the required metadata. If you import all the samples into a new ThumbJam instrument, for instance, there's a good chance the notes and loop points will be automatically recognized.

• Thanks, sonosuarus. I was thinking of doing just that. I appreciate the help.