Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SoundCloud Version Now - Thumbs Up or Down?

Just looking for some feedback with the service as it currently exists. I would like to share some music, but worry about copyright and ease of use. I know many of you use it to share tracks and it's allowed me to enjoy hearing what other iMusicians are doing with their apps and compositions.

Anyone care to help me off the fence? TIA :)

Comments

• You do have the option on Soundcloud to restrict who has access to your tracks. I think any sort of digital music can be vulnerable to piracy.

• i share via soundcloud or dropbox. (there might be others)

• @Paulinko - yeah, it seems to be a real trade off. Share anywhere, hope for the best. Things were similar a few years back on DeviantArt.com. There were some reported cases of infringement, but it never happened to me that I know of. Still, a few friends deleted their accounts and bailed. Didn't know if there were any similar horror stories here at the AB forum.

@telecode101 I use Dropbox for 1 to 1 sharing, but seems like Soundcloud is much more conducive to group sharing. Plenty of folks here using it, not sure why I'm hedging ...

Thank you both for your feedback.

• edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks for the vote of confidence and sample workflow, @AfxTwn - much appreciated!

Anyone also using it to share on Facebook, Twitter, etc.?

• Yes, I share my tracks on Facebook and Twitter. I have to use my PC to upload tracks or reply to comments on my tracks though because the latest iOS versions of SC seem geared mainly to searching and listening rather than musicians who want to share their music.

• If someone stole my music I would be honored.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Yes, I share my tracks on Facebook and Twitter. I have to use my PC to upload tracks or reply to comments on my tracks though because the latest iOS versions of SC seem geared mainly to searching and listening rather than musicians who want to share their music.

Yeah, I remember seeing something about that "oversight" on the latest app. Thanks for the feedback!

@Martygras said:
    If someone stole my music I would be honored.

Something about imitation and flattery? :)

• I like using Soundcloud - the layout has deteriorated a bit but I like the community thing. I've done a few collaborations with like minded souls on there, good fun.

• I deleted the current apps as they are crap

• @eustressor said:
    Something about imitation and flattery? :)

Maybe it should read: "Confiscation is the sincerest form of flattery"?

• Crazy idea: have the soundcloud app do everything that the regular website does, in terms of managing my account. Way too nutty tho, probably, this idea.

• Very useful in terms of community etc, I've always found the website & app to be a bit of a pain though. Last update on the app made it even less useful in terms of managing your page & is now pretty much just a player from what I can glean, all management of tracks needs to be done via the website & that doesn't always seem to play so nice on ios.

• edited March 2015

Thumbs Down!!!!!!!