Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Big ipad

Comments

• I love this forum too much to see folks start talking about politics on it. I'm not endorsing any candidates here, and if my comment was misconstrued as an endorsement for some *other news outlet, I apologize. I have a general disdain for everyone equally, but I have an especially strong aversion for people who can't elevate themselves out of the petty cattle control trap that is at the heart of every political argument ever. Both/all sides are full of shit. Both/all sides lie. The news agencies that report them are paid for by rich people with agendas. The idea that their agendas are divided down the middle into two neat halves is comical. Let's all agree to be better than that.

no.jpg 27.2K
  • edited February 2015

Agreed. No politics and no religion. Let's stick to sex, football and beats per minute. And poetry. And good cooking (including oysters). And oscillators. And that German girl who never came back.

• Never cook oysters...

• @boone51 I respectively disagree. If something non music related comes up in a discussion that's OK. Just as long as a thread isn't created off topic from the main lobby. One can always skip a thread if they don't like what is being discussed.

• @boone51 said:
    Never cook oysters...

Ah, but that's my kind of cooking. Slice of lemon, photograph of some horseraddish...and straight on down.

• Sorry, I really didn't mean to bring politics into this topic. I'm as conservative as they come. But agree all sides lie, all news outlets have an agenda. I do listen to Fox, CNN, MSN, and pretty much anything I can read or get my hands on. I am balanced. Maybe not fair though. ;)

• Sounds like you're honest and passionate. Nothing to be ashamed of. Or I hope it isn't, anyway. Maybe I'm just in denial. I'd just like to keep this space free of political discussions (if everyone else agrees of course). As far as I'm concerned, religion is fair game.

• And JG has me trying to figure out how to find some oysters in February. That's not good.

• @knewspeak said:
    Orwell was out a few years.......Sadly it's a not just a U.S. thing.

"War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength." "Two plus two equals five."

• That is it exactly, no matter how you dress the pig up it is still a pig none the less .the nature of news and politics yeah!

• edited February 2015

I like the imaginary version of the world where all sides aren't owned by multi-national corporations and "justice" isn't merely astroturf for a new business plan to make those corporations wealthier. Anyone identifying themselves by "their team" as if they're doing any of the peasants any favors is a rank idiot in my book.

• Religion + politics = control. Music = freedom.

• Dum dum, dum dum, bada dum dum, dum dum, pshhhh.

• @knewspeak said:
    Prospective Fox Employee?

No need to get political dude. Peace out.

• So.....Would apple make a bigger ipad....And that be it? Nothing really towards advancements under the hood? Seems like a waste, but then I don't run a multi-billion dollar company.

@boone51, sounds good to me. You guys can have at the religion. ;). This place is for music. Now, if you were a fly on the wall in my conversation with a friend about whether greek philosophy has any place in Christianity. Well, that would be something. lol......

• an 12" macbook air/ipad that could fold all the way back and run osx and iOS would be sweet.

• @supadom said:
    I want a 48" Ipad and a 5" capacitive paint brush. Thanks

Sorry @supadom, my fault, it wasn't meant as a political statement about you, just your ability, like my own, to step off into 'fantasy ga-ga land'! So if Fox contact you, give them the specs, seems like they would happily run with that!

• @kobamoto said:
    an 12" macbook air/ipad that could fold all the way back and run osx and iOS would be sweet.

Something that could run Logic and iMS20 at the same time would be fine by me.

• Another problem with a more powerful iPad is the amount of power it will need, powerful CPUS, need lots of power, which in turn usually means bigger batteries, for longevity, this in turn then means more weight. No doubt in time, this will get better, but this is probably what has made larger portable touch screens less viable.

• really ?.. i think apple have the funds to do it justice. I have a macbook air and I already feel like I should be able to run iOS on it. I'd be surprised if we aren't able to do it with the next 3 years.

• I want it to be big and I want to touch it.

• edited March 2015

hehehe!

• I would want it to run IOS as I want to use my investment in apps in it. As I am not a Mac owner, I am less bothered about osx, but the ability to run Logic would be cool. Most of all, I am nervous of a brand new hybrid OS that is full of bugs and stops stuff like AB from working properly. So just a larger format iPad would be just fine with me.

• edited March 2015

I'm worried about the money.....I read somewhere the pricing would be between laptop and iPad prices...which would push it slightly out of reach for a 'hobby' purchase in mrs Monzos eyes

• edited March 2015

@monzo there is this trick that Mrs. Goodyear is employing to save up for the kind of purchase that The Spouse may look at in askance (in her case an off-the-cuff-in-two-years-time trip to Paris). Put a dollar in a jar. Next week put two. Etc etc. A dollar more every week. Of course the second year builds up a lot quicker than the first :)

Seems like a bookend to the story of an old farmer who takes a young groom to one side and advises him to get a glass jar and every time he makes love to his new bride put a penny in the jar and to do this for a year and then in the second year take out a penny each time they consummate their love.

You'll be amazed at how much money's left in the jar at the end of it all... the old man said.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    monzo there is this trick that Mrs. Goodyear is employing...

I don't think Mrs Monzo is in the mood for jars, unless they're to throw at me, after talking her into selling her beloved VW camper yesterday. The words 'in', 'the', 'dog' and 'house' are applicable for my situation today...

• Running iOS on a Mac cannot be too difficult, after all does it not do that now sort of, inside the development environment?

• @monzo said:
    selling her beloved VW camper yesterday

Ouch! Good luck

• Yes, I was wondering about that too. And shouldn't it be possible to run it on a VM the way we can run windows on a mac? I already have a 23" touch screen...

• edited March 2015

@monzo Ah, rookie mistake, perhaps. Always encourage the indulgences of the other; leaves more high ground/wriggle room :)