Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iconnectmidi2+

Comments

• There's a new firmware version for the 2+. I never would have noticed it was out except they mentioned it on FB.
    I'd had a hard time getting good consistently good results with audio pass through before (PC/ ASIO4ALL), but decided to give it another try. I don't know for sure that the new firmware made a difference, but I was able to get acceptably low latency, even sending a VST from my PC out to Turnado or other FX on my iPad and back to the computer.

• @zymos is that with an ipad4 and 30pin to lightning adaptor as well?

• Still going back and forth with iConnectivity's support about the Audio Passthru. It's crackling very bad coming in Live on my MBP (Mavericks) whichever buffer size I choose. Makes it only usable for sending MIDI from and to the iPad. Anyone familiar with this?

• edited March 2014

Nope trackwerker, ipad2.
    I've never had issues losing the connection, though I frequently did using a CCK and USB MIDI interface.

• edited March 2014

Got mine two weeks ago, messy device, huge latency, audio pass thru is a joke, returned it, got my money back.

• no problems w/ mine, iPad 2, old white macbook. Had trouble configuring audio from macbook to iPad, but all set with that now.

@momupro, I'm working w/ Logic. I don't have Live. Did you set check drift control for Live in Audio MIDI Setup app on Mac? Not sure if it will help problem, but a lot of people recommend it.

Also, in iconnect app on Mac, did you update firmware to most current ( 1.0.6) and in Audio Information tab, select Audio Configuration to a 16 bit selection? I think most of the iPad apps won't accept the 24 bit setting. 24 bit would work with the apps I've tried. Maybe someone else can add some info re: the 24 bit setting?

• @dj8 I checked 'drift' in the Aggregate device I created under Audio Midi Setup (ICM2 as second device), tried 16 bit as well, different clocks in the ICM2 app, still distorted and crackling. Same results in Garageband on MBP. What OS are you using on your iPad + Macbook?

• If you encounter problems like crackling, no midi or midi data loss or losing audio connection then try a shorter high quality usb cable with a ferrite bead.

After updating the firmware to 1.0.6 i can even use turnado on the ipad as a realtime effect for audio coming from Live9.
    The only problem i encounter is using Wow Filter as a realtime effect for which i blame Wow because every other effect works.

• Yes, I forgot about the cable issue. Hasn't been a problem for me, but have read that it's caused problems for people. From @dreamrobe's post, sounds like that could very well be the problem.

I have 10.7.5 on macbook, 7.0.6 on the iPad.

• @dreamrobe that did the trick! Crystal clear audio coming in when I use my Ableton Push's USB cable instead of the presupplied one. Thanks so much for this tip!

• good news, @momupro!

• @dreamrobe said:

If you encounter problems like crackling, no midi or midi data loss or losing audio connection then try a shorter high quality usb cable with a ferrite bead.

After updating the firmware to 1.0.6 i can even use turnado on the ipad as a realtime effect for audio coming from Live9.
    The only problem i encounter is using Wow Filter as a realtime effect for which i blame Wow because every other effect works.

It's not just you- Wow sounds terrible when I send audio to it through the iConnect.

• Thank you for confirming.

• I had some remaining infrequent pops before the 1.0.6 upgrade, but that's gone away as I have set my audio timing source to my Mac USB connection (one of the new options). I have no problems now. Don't use a ferrite bead USB cable, BUT I did try and shorten the lengths of most of my other USB cables that were in this particular rig - and that helped a number of related issues.

• Hi Guys,

I recently purchased the Iconnectmidi2+ and have had a number of Issues. I hope someone can advise if they have encountered the same and what they have done to rectify these issues.

1. On connecting the ICM2+ (via Supplied USB on ICM2+ port 2) to my PC running microsoft Windows 7 Pro and running the iconfig software on the PC, the program first upgraded the firmware to latest however on completing this task it gave me an error msg. Ever since i got this error msg, the iconfig program crashes ach time i run it on my PC. it open up and then goes to unresponsive. I need to force shut it down to exit out of it.

2. On connecting the ICM2+ (via Supplied USB on ICM2+ port 2) to my PC running microsoft Windows 7 Pro and to my Ipad 4 running latest IOS, i receve a msg on my Ipad specifying the ICM2+ cannot be used it is requires too much Power. Once this happens the ICM2+ loses connection with the ipad and the iconfig app on the ipad does not see it anymore.

The funny thing is that when the ICM2+ is connected to my PC via the USB cable, Asai4all sees it as active and so does Ableton live. however as mentioned above it loses connectivity with the Ipad and is currently unusable.

Please can anyone help ?

thanks

Amar Mashruwala
    MergeLab Studios

• I had the same when i first updated the firmware.
    Try to reset the 2+ by holding button longer than 7 seconds i believe.

• @amarmash - be sure to send the folks at iConnectivity a help request if you can't get it resolved - they are very helpful and I'm sure will work with you to resolve the issue :-)

• Hi Guys,

I seem to be making some progress.
    1. I have not got the iconfig software working on my computer (It seems to be a 32 bit 64 bit OS issue. i now always run the program as administrator. ) The PC now sees the ICM2+.

1. I am still having issues where my Ipad does not see the ICM2+. the Ipad also tell me that the ICM2+ requires too much power.

Question - Does the Ipad have to have a certain amount of Battery charge to work with the ICM2+ ?

thanks Guys.

Amar

• @amarmash - what did the support folks at iConnectivity say about your problems?

• I have opened a ticket with support at Iconnectivity. However i will be giving them in a call in an hour. I do beleive they are located in Canada, and i am in Australia so i do have to wait until they start work :)

I do hope the issue is not with my Ipad.

• Sounds good! @amarmash - let us know how it goes :-)

• Hi Guys,

I am back at where i started.

1. Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64 bit - Unable to run iconfig Application - continously crashes.
    2. I am using an Ipad 4 connecting to ICM2+ via 30 pin to lightning adapter ( the one with the longer wire) and my ipad continuosly says = the device is not supported. the Icongif app then finds no devices.

I have restored my Ipad to default settings - lost all my Apps ( thats ok i will download again)
    However had this product for 10 days now and not got a single sound out of it.

Any suggestions ? thanks

Amar

• Is it the latest IOS ? I am running IOS7.1 and my wife has an Ipad mini lightning running the previous IOS and the Iconfig App on the Ipad sees the ICM2+

• Hi All,
    Please can someone advise on the below:

Is anyone using the ICM2+ with an Ipad 4 (4th Generation) Without the addional Power supply. Only powering the ICM2+ via USB from your MAc/ PC ?

I am having compatibility issues when connecting it to Ipad 4. (tested brank new Ipads at the Apple store witrh the ICM2+ and got the same msg on all of them (this device is not compatible.)

Anyone please help.

thanks

Amar Mashruwala Merglelab Studios.

• You need a powered USB hub or else you will get that error.

• @Genius

thanks for the information. Does the Powered USB nug need to output a specific amount of Power ?

• I get the error with my iPhone 5s, I just unplug it and plug it back in and it's fine.

• @amarmash I have used this with an iPhone 4S, an iPad 1, an iPad 3 and an iPad mini with all but the iPad 1 running iOS 7.1 with no problems and no need for any hub and bus powered from a Mac as well as with the external PSU. Make sure you have the latest updated firmware in the iCM2+. Make sure the cable is well plugged in. If you continue to have problems, speak again to the good folks at iConnectivity and see if they have any further suggestions.

• @MusicInclusive
    thanks for letting me know. Have you tried using the ICM2+ with an Ipad 4 and Air using USB buss power from the Computer ?

thanks

• edited May 2014

Hi all,
    would like to use my ipad 4 like an korg kaospad. so route audio signal from mac via IC2+ into my ipad 4, put a effect on it, send audio back to mac. Pretty much same thing as @monks1975 mentioned earlier in this thread. As @musiciclusive mentioned this results in pretty high latency.

Has somebody found a solution for the latency?
    Did the latest firmware do the trick?

Otherwise IC2 and it´s audio pass thru capability would be useless for me.

Another question that i have on my mind: Main difference between Ic2+ and Ic4+ is A) the PC/iOS/iOS vs. PC/iOS capability and B) the active usb hub, hosting up to 8 more midi devices. Now, i do have already a good usb 8 active hub. Wouldn´t it be the same, if i would plug a IC2+ into one port of my active usb hub, plug all my other midi devices into the same usb hub which i do connect to my mac? If i´m not wrong, i could to the midi routing in OSX under audio/midi preferences?!

thanks.