Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Electrify!

I've been waiting for this one and had thought they had given up on it! I am having problems getting it to load but I am sure they will work it out!

Comments

• Oh now I have to buy it! Haha I had held back for so long because it hadn't been updated

• edited April 2013

@Daath7 try closing all apps and opening Electrify! first, then Audiobus and everything else. This is not normally recommended but the same thing happened with iFretless Guitar. It's like Audiobus doesn't recognize it when it's closed because its not yet in there database, but if its running it recognizes its code inside,

• Nvm that didn't work for me...

• This is one the apps I deleted ages ago but I guess I will reinstall and give it a blast, I remember it's very cool for industrial style stuff but not the easiest thing to program..the sound quality is excellent and you can dig deep..comes with great samples too...there's so much new stuff that it's getting hard to keep up and decide what I'm going to review next...ant suggestions would be welcome...NOT DIFFERENT DRUMMER..hahah..

• @Soundtestroom Polychords is one I'd like to see you review. It just updated with AB support.

• edited March 2014

• Ooo I forgot about Polychord..is it updated now..

• Yup just after sampletank

• Not a bad night for updates :)

• This is one of my favourite Apps but I didn't think there was any chance of it getting on the bus as its been long time since its been updated. Really good news :)

• I agree!

• Has anyone got Electrify to work properly on the Bus yet?

When I boot Audiobus Electrify is not on the Bus App list. If I run Electrify it appears but when I select it its Grey with the Zzz's and won't activate. If I swap to the App and back to Audiobus it becomes active on the bus for a few seconds.

Even although its grayed out Electrify has the Audiobus control panel and produces a sound over the bus. The sound however is only from the first track and is not the sound of the sample loaded.

Any ideas?

• I ran into the same issues you did but here how I got it to work.

Open Electrify, then open Audiobus, in Audiobus open and wake up your effects and output slots then insert Electrify last, if it doesn't automatically wake it up and give you the side toolbar switch to Electrify manually you should then have the toolbar and it should be active and arrows flashing in Audiobus. If you have it active before effects slot and output slot it will gray it out when you insert an app into each of those.

• I wonder if its a background issue because I had everything active with flashing arrows but when I click Electrify it wouldn't switch then went to sleep but if I manually open it and let it sit a few seconds it will then bring up the AB sidebar.

• Yea it goes to sleep anytime it goes to the background but wakes back up in AB when you manually go back to it. Which means you can't use the sidebar to jump back to it either. Which also means to work properly you almost have to set everything up beforehand and then work in electrify and control the other apps in the sidebar without actually switching to them...needs to be fixed

• Could it be an AB version mismatch?

• I thought about that too or no background audio because it snoozes every time it's put in background

• Same probleme here :(

• Electrify doesn't have a run in background mode if I remember correctly....?!

Maybe still a bit of work for Ingo to do here...?

• I've used the contact page on the Electrify website to raise the issue with the Dev. Fingers crossed....

• edited April 2013

hi guys, so just to confirm, will electrify work if one were to follow the above workarounds? (open electrify first, and never put it in background?)

also, hows the time stretching?

thanks in advance. read somewhere else this is the closest thing to having ableton on ipad

EDIT: Avoid iphone version of this app! Just wasted $8 on an app that will only play kick sample and nothing else. was gonna buy ipad version but wanted to test out iphone first. sad as this seemed to be the closest thing to ableton in ios

• I've just tested Electrify without Audiobus. In my rush to test it with Audiobus I hadn't done this! Samples work in preview but as soon as you press play all you get is a buz like a short sample loop. Looks like this version is broken? Ive deleted and re-installed, same problem.

Can anyone else confirm this?

• Hey Skipp,
    I wouldn't hold my breath for Electrify Dev answering or fixing the obvious problem with his implementation of Audiobus.
    I have emailed him as well, but as I was doing so, I've noticed that his website was NOT updated since 2011 and his "I'm social too" accounts on Tweeter and Facebook don't exist anymore...
    Well, lets hope for the best anyway... ;)
    WARNING to anyone considering the purchase of Electrify...

• Sorry for the trouble, but before uploading the update I messed up the info.plist file containing meta data for audiobus and did not notice that. Update is on the way.
    Regarding the buzzing sound. This problem is not related to audiobus but a problem of electrify which occurs occassionally. I am working on it. In the meantime you can cold restart your ipad and restart electrify to fix this issue.
    Again, sorry for the trouble and thanks for your patience.

• Do you also have a fix planned for iphone version? I have both ipad and iphone and was really excited about purchasing BOTH ipad and iphone apps but i can only play a single kick sample on iphone version.

I will happily buy your ipad version if both versions work. If only ipad, can i get a credit or something against ipad version?

• Thank you Electrify for clarifying the issue and while you at it, can you please update your website as well ;)

• Yeah, give the guy something else to do. Lol

• @Electrify thanks! Switching my iPad off and back on has resolved my issue with the audio. Now that you mention it I think I had the same problem not long after Electrify was released! With the Audiobus problem I immediately assumed they were related.

Look forward to the update that gets Electfify on the Bus properly!

If the ability to trigger clips from a hardware midi controller suggested on the wesite was to arrive someday that would be great to..... :)

• @Electrify - I would like to apologize to you for being critical of your app. i am a dumbass. I figured out how to access the samples and use them in the sequencer. there are no bugs with your app. It just wasn't easy for me to figure out.

Part of the problem for me at least was I was expecting it to be like Ableton live (the way I use Ableton at least with live loops) as other ppl on another forum described your app that way. to me, your app is more like fruity loops times 64 which is cool if you want that Throbbing Gristle/Front 242/early industrial band sound, but I try to avoid MIDI as much as possible and use live drum loops and guitar loops.

Sorry again

• @gjcyrus Parts of Electrify are like Live. The clip launch and scene launch have obvious parallels and the parameter automation is a bit like clip automation. It is also possible to drop multi-bar samples in and manipulate them as they play. You can also drop multi hit samples in and use sample start and decay, as well as automation, to get a lot if variation out within the 8 sample limit. Slight frustration that you can't copy and paste between bars of the same clip to make it easier to copy complex patterns over multiple bars. Thankfully however its easy to copy clips.

I still think its a great App but I'm slightly surprised that no one has created an App that takes the ideas further.