Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Send midi between ipad and mac directly by USB

edited February 2015 in General App Discussion

Hello friends, to do testing in the development of MIDI apps such as WorldBeats, I searched hardware to allow me to send and receive MIDI between iPad and Mac, but use the WIFI network for this purpose was producing undesirable delays in real time. I found nothing at low cost to allow me to communicate with MIDI iPad-Mac via USB. I guess this has happened to more people. So I developed this device: MIDI USB-USB is a device that allows a quick and secure MIDI connection between two hosts. For example, connect an iPad to a Mac a Mac to a PC or any combination of these. Today there are thousands of MIDI applications on smartphones and tablets, but to connect to a Mac or PC, we have to resort to conventional USB MIDI interfaces and DIN cables connecting each, a spectacular racket which may require separate male-DIN adapters female and perhaps power supplies. MIDI USB-USB simplifies all this because there is only to connect each end USB and ready. MIDI USB-USB is a USB MIDI Class Compliant device at
each end that runs on any operating system without installing drivers, plug and play: Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, iOS, Android, ... It consists of 4 bidirectional MIDI ports with which we can handle up to 64 channels or applications running simultaneously can connect with each port playing each different functions. More info at: www.sevillasoft.com

Comments

• Looks interesting. If the price is low, & works as described. You maybe onto a winner.

• Price is 39€, includes two USB cables 35 cm and 1.8 m. This month free shipping at http://compasflamenco.com/midi-usbusb-p-4.html?language=en
    Video:

• Is the ipad charged (at least slowly) like when connecting straight to the usb of the computer?

• No, not charging the iPad.

• The price seems fair, are there any specs about the latency and jitter?

• MIDI standard send serial data at 31250 bps, internally MIDI USB-USB is 12 times faster, at 375000 baud.

• Can it do ipad/iphone to IPad/iphone?

• Yes, you need camera connection kit for both.
    You can communicate by MIDI any combination of PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, ... It is USB MIDI class compliant , works on any operating system, no drivers needed.

• I need one of those

• Ok so how do we buy one?

• The link to the website is in the third post with the video

• Thanks. Let's see how fast the post is ....

• Thank you, tomorrow morning will be sent.

• Tueviera que ser un Espanol, no? jejejej.

Someone go first and report back! :D

• Eso parece.

• Hi my name is Jesús. Do you have a moment to talk about iOS? - Sorry I could help myself... It does sound like a great idea for many though.

• Yes Jesus, I have time for that.

• Hi, what kind of cables come with the box? Only USB-USB or also Lighting to USB?
    And: Any USB-keyboard plugged into the Mac will play all my iOS Synths (via Logic)?

• Only USB cables, for iPad you need camera connection kit or similar adapter.
    When you connect the device to your Mac, you see four bidirectional MIDI (in / out) ports. You can use an external MIDI track in logic and select the port and channel. At the other end of the device connect an iPad and see the same: four ports.
    I guess Logic is able to route what enters through a port (your keyboard) and send it to another (MIDI USB-USB port 1 for example).

• Good video. Nice to see ipad communicating with a Mac, working with each other. It would be nice to see it working on video, with the iPad with a Windows PC. For example seeing how the iPad(with your USB Midi gadget) working with FL Studio, Cubase, Ableton Live. Good so far with a MAC tho.

• Hi Studs1966, I go to prepare a video with Windows vs iPad and Cubase.

• Excellent stuff.

• Here the video: Cubase in Windows 7 send midi to GarageBand for iPad:

• What's that very dodgy looking cable conecting to the iPad?

• Is a camera connection kit Chinese I had to repair, I recommend using the original. Although this works.

• The colours though. The colours.

• Colours ?

• Hi,

I like this innovation. If it works - well done Jesús! Great to see new products like this that work well for iOS.

It would be good to be able to play thumbjam with midi out, or midi designer or one of the x-y pads I have on my iphone straight into my ipad without have to hook up via midi over bluetooth (which is what I do at the moment).

I have 2 camera connection kits already actually.

@BiancaNeve if you were able to report back on how it works that would be very much appreciated.

I'm sure it's good value, but personally I'm in two minds if I can justify 39 Euros for the convenience, to be honest... But that's just me - since I don't need this function that often and it's possible via bluetooth.

I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts though.