Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ah, that fresh forum smell...

Smells like vanilla. Any new features?

EDIT: I see we have number of views now. Not sure if we had bookmarks before. It also shows if the post was edited and at what time.

EDIT 2: Just got a notification that @funjunkie29 commented. Also noticed that threads show number of new posts since you last viewed it.

Comments

• We had bookmarks before. I'm having problems uploading pics now though.

• Bugger, yeah, there's a problem with the file uploader plugin. Looking into that now.

• Thks Michael. Otherwise, it looks great.

• I agree. It looks great. Thanks.

• Any chance of less bright white theme for us basement dwellers? =P

• Hmm I'm not getting the "New Comments" yellow box on this thread. I'm on my iPhone

• Thks again Michael. Working for me too.

• edited January 2015

@Michael said:
    Bugger, yeah, there's a problem with the file uploader plugin. Looking into that now.

Looks like the timestamps are off for the threads started before the new forum.

EDIT: Wow, that a big quote!

• Ok I am now...thank you Michael!

• @telecharge said:
    EDIT: Wow, that a big quote!

Yep - what I said is clearly more important.

• @Michael said:
    Yep - what I said is clearly more important.

Well aren't you the cheeky blighta?

• Ha it's kinda creepy seeing how many views the page gets

• edited January 2015

@TGiG said:
    Ha it's kinda creepy seeing how many views the page gets

I dig it. Would be interesting to see a views:posts ratio and how that lines up with types of posts. Line or two of php math while you're in there @michael?

• No edit button?

• @Tritonman said:
    No edit button?

Click the little gear icon.

• Actually, would love 'views' to move to the right on iPhone. I'm used to seeing number of new posts there. More relevant as the first number to see. "488 new posts??" I've thought more than once in the last 5 minutes.

• edited January 2015

Hmm, liked the old layout better, just to much wasted space, in posts, around posts, and between posts. As I write this my Safari is almost full screen and I see 2 posts with about 30 words, so 90% of my screen is simply bright white and glaring in my eyes. Didn't buy a retina screen to use like 10% of the pixels for data. Content wise its similar to an old VGA screen. Can live with it and won't bitch beyond this post and responses.

Also no feedback when I submit a post or edit, all the buttons are in the same state and it just sits there for 10-20 seconds and then something happens. I never can sit still long enough and start hitting buttons again and again. Used to get a progress line under the url in Safari, not getting it now. WAIT, now I see it the button changes hue after you push it for "Post Comment" and "Save Comment". Using the settings when to edit a post gives zero feedback.

• I am loving the view count totals showing. Makes for some interesting observations as to just how popular some posts are.

• edited January 2015

I'm a big fan of whitespace - especially when coding - and in publications. But - there's a lot of whitespace in the new forum. I agree with @BigDawgsByte : too much whitespace IMO in the new version. Table params change? CSS change? Just thinking aloud.

• No more "+1" button for posts? I thought that was a good feature, to scroll through massive threads and find good posts. Could maybe do without the "-1" side of that; already enough negative crap on the internet.

So I don't know, maybe add a "Post Like" button?

If you like the idea just click on... D'oh!

• @1P18 said:
    No more "+1" button for posts? I thought that was a good feature, to scroll through massive threads and find good posts. Could maybe do without the "-1" side of that; already enough negative crap on the internet.

So I don't know, maybe add a "Post Like" button?

If you like the idea just click on... D'oh!

+1

• This is very nice

• @1P18/@JohnnyGoodyear: Bizzarely, the Kudos plugin has been abandoned and doesn't work for any version of Vanilla but the now-abandoned one we used to be using (which isn't even getting security updates any more). I could fix it, but it'd take time I'd rather use with more pressing things =)

• edited January 2015

@Michael Ah the old "well, I could sew a button on your shirt for you love, but I thought you'd rather I kept on with The Enormous Special Pretty Project...' defense.

Fair enough. Yes. Stumped. Carry on.

• Hehehe - I may still get to it, but not right now!

• Looks good! :-)

• I'll get used to the new look of it...I need some sunglasses....I'm a stick in the mud...But Kudos to Michael for not wasting time on the Kudos thing when he should be testing Super-Loopy. We'll just say "kudos" from now on, it might be better. Kudos?..