Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video..Yamaha Synth Book and AN2015 Synth Demo and Tutorial, Amazing

I can't believe how good this app is, particularly the AN2015 Synth

Comments

• This is a remarkable yet a bit useless synth at the moment much like the original rock drum machine app it is stand alone with niether AB or IAA. I hope an update comes soon.

• edited January 2015

I can tell you really like this one, Doug. =P

• Sounds really good, shame there's no way to record with it on the iPad though.

• Any pathway or prospect that it might?

• @Flo26 How did you get the output of AN2015 to record through crystalline into your iOS DAW? Do you have two iOS devices (example: iPhone and iPad)? I have a Griffin StudioConnect, where I can take the headphone-analog output of my iPhone and plug it into the StudioConnect to record it into my iPad. It would be nice to be able do do this "all digital" between devices.

• edited January 2015

@Flo26 yes come on Mister Flo, explain your wizardry to us ordinary mortals...

• I still don't have it- I downloaded to my phone 3 different times but it's just the book. Or does it only show up on iPad?

• Note it's free and under iPhone, not iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• I'm not sure if that was a response to me, but I'll try to explain what I meant more clearly- I did download the app, but it does not include the synth on my iPhone, I'm not sure why. It's not a huge deal because I don't really need another synth, it's just strange that it's not there.

• I only get the book and not the synth on my iphone 4, I believe it is not powerful enough to run it, but works great on my ipad2. I believe iphone 5 and up will get you the synth. It certainly sounds great - and I think that Doug kinda liked it - but it does really need AB to be able to make use of those great sounds!

• Only for iPhone here.

• edited January 2015

Kind of funny that in the days before digital this was the ONLY way you could do something... by hooking up a cord between two devices. Today it just seems so medieval and barbaric. :)

That being said, this synth is a real head scratcher. Why take the time to develop a pretty full-featured app that can't be used with anything else? I can only hope that they plan to have a pro IAP later on that would include AB or IAA.

• That synth is damn awesome, I want, no I demand AB and IAA!

Anybody owns an AN1x? How does it compare?

• This does sound pretty great and Doug was clearly having a ball in the video. Would this work with the audio pass through feature on these iconnectmidi boxes? Is there any way to do a loop back with those boxes so you could bring the audio back to your one idevice?

• Nice synth, but a strange concept, is it book, is it a synth, no it's a Yamaha! What next?

• Dont think they will answer positively, but i mailed eu support about standalone synth... We'll see

• Great sounding synth! I would gladly pay for a standalone version if it had Audiobus and portrait mode.