Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recording MIDI from StepPolyArp to Cubasis

Hello all. I'm trying to record MIDI data from StepPolyArp into a MIDI track in Cubasis. I've tried routing AB, virtual MIDI, network session, etc. with no luck. There must be a way to do this. Thanks.

Comments

• Set StepPolyArp MIDI output to Cubasis, and in Cubasis, in the Routing tab of the track, set the MIDI port to StepPolyArp, and the channel to which channels you need (at first it reads "all", underneath midi port). It was pretty straightforward for me, worked without a hitch. Keep pressing buttons...you'll get it eventually don't give up it works just fine.

• edited January 2015

Sometimes midi will have two different sends, one that is specific (like "To Cubasis") and one that is generic (like "StepPolyArp Out"). Try one then the other, for the settings in both apps if they are there. I forget how it's set up for these two.

I do know that you can use clock send in Cubasis to get StepPolyArp to start on time and in sync though, which is a cool feature to get your loops perfectly trimmed and everything, when combined with the punch feature in Cubasis. Just tap the clock in StepPolyArp, and it will wait for Cubasis to start, and make sure you have clock send on in Cubasis (pretty sure it's on by default, if not it's in the midi settings section). Then to turn on the punch in Cubasis i think it's in the upper right hand corner.

• Thanks guys for your help. :)

Here's what worked for iOS 8.1.2.

StepPolyOut:
    Set MIDI to StepPolyMIDI Out

Cubasis:
    Set Routing to StepPolyArp all